Neeru Yadav is an Indian social activist who became the first lady Sarpanch of Lambi Ahir village of Rajasthan in 2020. She has been praised by many organisations for her work in her village as its Sarpanch.
Neeru Yadav was born on Monday, 7 May 1990 (age 33 years; as of 2023) in Chhapra Salimpur village in Narnaul tehsil of Mahendragarh district of Haryana, India. Her zodiac sign is Taurus. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Science(B.Sc.) in Mathematics from a girls’ college in Narnaul. She later pursued a Master’s degree in Science (M.Sc.) at S.S. Jain Subodh P.G. College, Jaipur which she completed in 2013.
In 2014, she started pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Education (B.Ed) at C. L College of Education, Narnaul. After her marriage, she moved to Lambi Ahir (also spelt as Lambi Aheer) village in the Buhanu tehsil in the Jhunjhunu district of Rajasthan and later pursued a career in village politics.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Weight (approx.): 60 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family & Caste
She belongs to a middle-class Yadav family.
Parents & Siblings
Her mother’s name is Satya Prakash Devi; her parents were teachers. She has a sister named Annu Yadav and a brother named Nitesh Yadav who works in CBI.
Husband & Children
She got married to Ashok Yadav, an Executive Engineer (XEN) in the Public Works Department (PWD) of Rajasthan, on 15 November 2013. She has a son named Divit and a daughter named Aditri.
She follows Hinduism.
She became the Sarpanch of Lambi Ahir village after winning the panchayat elections in October 2020 after securing 1240 votes; she contested as an independent candidate.
She has initiated many projects for the development of the village including financial awareness programs, road construction projects, a training centre for the girl’s hockey team, and setting up a utensils bank to provide free-of-cost steel utensils for any program.
She also set up a Farmer Producer Organisation (FPO) named Sachhi Saheli Mahila Agro Producer Company Limited in January 2023 in partnership with NABARD and SIIRD (Society of Indian Institute of Rural Development); she was appointed as chairperson of the FPO and generated around Rs 50 lakhs revenue within a few months. She also assisted girls in her village to get skill training under different government schemes and got them places in MNCs.
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- Shiksha Shree Award by the Government of Rajasthan in 2022
- Felicitated by UNICEF and Panchayati Raj Department, Rajasthan at Women’s Political Participation For Gender Equality Program in 2022
- Grassroots Leadership Award by Women Mentors Forum at Women Mentoring Summit in 2023
Her income in the FY 2019-2020 was Rs 10.50 Lakhs.
Assets & Properties
- Bank Deposits: Rs. 1,00,000
- LIC, NSS, & Other Savings Schemes: Rs 12,50,000
- Residential Buildings: Rs. 30,00,000
Note: The given estimates of movable and immovable assets are according to the year 2020. It excludes the assets owned by her husband and dependents (minor).
Neeru’s net worth for the financial year 2019-2020 was estimated to be Rs. 49.50 lakhs. It excludes the net worth of her husband and dependents (minors).
She has inked a pattern tattoo with A and N words on her left wrist.
- In September 2023, she appeared as a guest contestant in the popular Indian TV show Kaun Banega Crorepati (KBC) alongside another popular social activist of Rajasthan, Chhavi Rajawat.
The journey of #kaunbanegacrorepati was truly amazing. The journey from my village “lambi ahir to Mumbai” was full of excitement for me. Also sharing the stage with @SrBachchan and Soda’s Sarpanch @ChhaviRajawat_ was a feeling that cannot be expressed in words.
Sitting on the… pic.twitter.com/x6wczXOIrK
— Neeru Yadav (@NeeruYadavJJN) September 10, 2023
- In an interview, she said that she was a hockey player during her teenage years; however, she did not pursue a career in sports, hence when the girls of her village approached her, she became very interested in getting them trained to play hockey. She even arranged for the coach with money from her salary.
- She likes travelling, dancing, doing yoga, and playing harmonium during her leisure time.
- She also runs an NGO named Aaditri Foundation which works for women’s empowerment.