Etela Rajender is an Indian politician. He was the first Finance Minister of Telangana and was the Health Minister of Telangana from 2019 to 2021.
- 1 Wiki/Biography
- 2 Physical Appearance
- 3 Family
- 4 Religion and caste
- 5 Signature
- 6 Career
- 7 Controversies
- 8 Address
- 9 Salary
- 10 Assets & Properties
- 11 Net Worth
- 12 Facts/Trivia
Etela Rajender (also spelt as Eatala Rajender) was born on Friday, 20 March 1964 (age 59 years; as of 2023) in Kamalapur, Hanumakonda district of present-day Telangana. His zodiac sign is Pisces. He did his B.Sc. from Osmania University in 1984.
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name is Pedda Mallaiah, as such there is not much information about his parents.
Wife & Children
Etela Rajender is married to Jamuna, she is the owner of Jamuna Hatcheries. they have 2 children, Neeta Rajender and Nithin Rajender.
Religion and caste
Etela Rajender belongs to a Hindu family of the Mudiraju caste and follows Hinduism.
Etela first began his career in politics with the political party, Bharat Rashtra Samithi in 2003. In 2004, he was elected as the MLA from the Kamalapur Assembly constituency in the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly election. He acted as the floor leader for TRS. In 2008, he resigned as the MLA and was re-elected from the Kamalapur constituency. In 2009, he contested the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly election from the merged Huzurabad and Kamalapur constituency and was elected as the MLA. In 2010, he resigned as the MLA and won the by-election. In 2014, he became the Finance Minister of Telangana, in the same year he contested against Indian National Congress leader Kethiri Sudarshan Reddy for the Huzurabad constituency and won with a margin of 57037 votes. Later, in 2018 he was re-elected from the Huzurbad constituency. In 2019, he was appointed as the Minister of Health for Telangana. In May of 2021, due to allegations against Etela, he was removed from his ministerial portfolio and he was dismissed from the state cabinet. On 4 June 2021, he resigned from BRS and after a few days on 12 June 2021, he resigned as the MLA.
On 14 June 2021, Etela joined the Bharatiya Janata Party in the presence of BJP leaders Dharmendra Pradhan and G. Kishan Reddy. Later, in the same year, he contested the by-election and was elected as the MLA. He also resigned as the president of the Nampally Exhibition Society in 2021.
Details of Criminal Cases
- 2 charges related to Punishment for criminal intimidation (IPC Section-506)
- 1 charge related to Voluntarily causing hurt to deter a public servant from his duty (IPC Section-332)
- 1 charge related to Attempt to murder (IPC Section-307)
- 3 charges related to Punishment for Rioting (IPC Section-147)
- 3 charges related to Every member of unlawful assembly guilty of the offence committed in prosecution of common object (IPC Section-149)
- 2 charges related to Punishment for Being a member of an unlawful assembly (IPC Section-143)
- 2 charges related to Disobedience to order duly promulgated by a public servant (IPC Section-188)
- 2 charges related to Punishment for public nuisance in cases not otherwise provided for (IPC Section-290)
- 2 charges related to Punishment for wrongful restraint (IPC Section-341)
- 1 charge related to Rioting, armed with deadly weapon (IPC Section-148)
Allegations of land encroachments
In May 2021, there were allegations made against Etela Rajender that Etela, along with his followers and his wife Jamuna Hatcheries were involved in land encroachments in Achampet and Hakimpet villages in Medak district. The Chief Minister ordered the formation of two committees to look into Rajendar’s alleged land encroachments. The first committee, led by Medak collector S. Harish was formed to look into the allegations that Rajender’s family’s Jamuna Hatcheries had trespassed on designated areas in the Medak mandals of Achampet and Masaipet. The investigation of Devaryamjal temple land encroachments was carried out by the second committee, which was headed by Raghunandan Rao and included IAS officers Prashanth Jeevan Patil, Bharathi Holikeri, and Swetha Mohanty. According to reports, the committee led by Harish discovered that 85 acres of allotted lands belonging to 65 allottees had been encroached upon by Rajendar’s chicken farm.
Rajender held a press conference claiming that he is not guilty of any wrongdoing and has even dared an inquiry by the Central Bureau of Investigation or by a sitting judge into the allegations. After the health portfolio was taken away from him, Rajender told media persons that the series of events happening around him was planned to defame him. The state BJP party called for a probe by a high-level committee into the allegations against Rajender, Congress National Spokesperson Dasoju Sravan said,
The CM had plotted a political conspiracy against Rajender to “make up for his failures in curtailing the pandemic.”
House No. 9-72 ,Kamalapur village and Mandal of Hanamkonda District, Telangana
Etela Rajender’s salary is Rs 4.21 lakh per month.
Assets & Properties
- Bank Deposits: Rs.11,22,327
- LIC or other insurance Policies: Rs. 5,00,000
- Other Assets : Rs. 15,00,000
- Agricultural Land: Rs. 2,50,00,000
- Commercial Buildings: Rs. 2,50,00,000
- Residential Buildings: Rs. 7,50,00,000
Note: The given estimates of movable and immovable assets are according to the financial year 2017-2018. It excludes the assets owned by his wife.
Etela Rajender’s net worth for the financial year 2020-2021 was estimated to be Rs. 7 crores. It excludes the net worth of his wife.
- He was one of the founding members of the TRS.
- Rajender is known as a student leader with a left-wing ideology.
- In 2018, he declared his Assets to be worth Rs 42 crore making him the richest Indian Politician.
- He is also known as Rajendar Eatala.