Dasharathaiah Sudhakar is an Indian politician who serves as a cabinet minister in the Government of Karnataka.
Dasharathaiah Sudhakar was born on Tuesday, 28 March 1961 (age 62 Years; as of 2023) in Challakere, Karnataka. His zodiac sign is Aries. After completing his school education, he joined Acharya Tulsi National College of Commerce (ATNCC), Shimoga, University of Mysore, to attain a bachelor’s degree in commerce.
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name is N. D. Asharathaiah.
Wife & Children
His wife, S Harshini, is a businesswoman. The couple has a son named Suhas, and a daughter.
D Sudhakar resides at Gommatta Nilaya, Bangalore Road, Challkere Town, Challakere, Chitragurga, Karnataka.
In 2004, D Sudhakar contested the legislative assembly elections from the Challakere constituency and won. He was re-elected as a member of the Karnataka Legislative Assembly from the Hiriyur constituency in 2008 and 2013. D Sudhakar has held various ministerial portfolios in the Karnataka government. D Sudhakar served as the minister of youth affairs from 2010 to 2011 and as the minister of social welfare from 2008 to 2009 during B. S. Yediyurappa‘s tenure as Chief Minister. On 27 May 2023, he was appointed as the planning and statistics minister in the Government of Karnataka.
Indian Penal Code Charges
- 1 charge related to criminal breach of trust by a public servant, or by banker, merchant or agent (IPC Section-409)
- 1 charge related to cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property (IPC Section-420)
- 1 charge related to forgery of valuable security, will, etc. (IPC Section-467)
- 1 charge related to forgery for the purpose of cheating (IPC Section-468)
- 1 charge related to the punishment of criminal conspiracy (IPC Section-120B)
- 1 charge related to using as genuine a forged document or electronic record (IPC Section-471)
Faced Assault Allegations
In September 2023, he attracted controversy when the Yelahanka police initiated an inquiry after a video of D Sudhakar threatening individuals in a property dispute went viral on social media. He was then accused of violating the SC/ST Atrocities Act and trespassing, among other laws. The complainant, Subamma, filed a complaint on 10 September 2023 and alleged that D Sudhakar and more than 35 others visited her property on 9 September 2023. They attempted to destroy a structure while no one was inside by breaking in forcibly. The defendants allegedly insulted Subamma’s caste and injured her daughter when her family challenged them.
D Sudhakar owns a Chevrolet Tavera, Innova, Polo, and BMW.
- Deposits in Banks: Rs. 1,477,569
- Bonds, Debentures and Shares in companies: Rs. 16,247,250
- NSS, Postal Savings: Rs. 90,000
- LIC or other insurance Policies: Rs. 18,993,952
- Personal loans: Rs. 212,336,918
- Motor Vehicles: Rs. 69,00,000
- Agricultural Land: Rs. 135,00,000
- Non-Agricultural Land: Rs. 45,291,413
- Residential Buildings: Rs. 30,00,000
In 2018, D Sudhakar’s net worth was estimated at approximately Rs. 382,404,105 crores.
- According to him, playing badminton is his favourite recreational activity.