Rahul Bhatt is an Indian actor and fitness trainer. He is the son of the Indian film director Mahesh Bhatt.
Rahul Bhatt was born on Sunday, 24 January 1982 (age 41 years; as of 2023) in Mumbai. His zodiac sign is Aquarius.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Weight (approx.): 70 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest 44″, Waist 32″, Biceps 18″
Rahul Bhatt is half-Gujarati and half-Muslim from her father’s side, and her mother has multiple ethnicities including Scottish, Burmese, Armenian, and English. His sister, in one of her tweets wrote,
My mother is Scottish, Burmese, Armenian, English. My father is half Brahmin, half Muslim.”
Parents & Siblings
His father, Mahesh Bhatt, is a famous Indian director, producer, and screenwriter. His mother’s name is Kiran Bhatt, who changed her name from Loraine Bright to Kiran Bhatt post her marriage to Mahesh Bhatt. His biological sister, Pooja Bhatt, is an Indian actor and film producer.
After getting separated from Rahul’s mother, Mahesh Bhatt got married to British actress and film director Soni Razdan. He has two sisters named Alia Bhatt and Shaheen Bhatt from his father’s second marriage.
His grandfather, Nanabhai Bhatt, was an Indian film director and producer who worked in Hindi and Gujarati Cinema.
His paternal uncles are Mukesh Bhatt (film producer), Dhaval Bhatt (film editor), and Robin Bhatt (writer).
The Indian actor Emraan Hashmi and the Indian film director Mohit Suri are his cousins. Mohit Suri’s mother is Mahesh Bhatt’s real sister, and thus Mahesh Bhatt is his uncle, and Emraan Hashmi is Mahesh’s cousin Anwar Hashmi’s son, and thus his nephew.
Wife & Children
He is unmarried.
In 2011, he confirmed that he was dating Aanchal Kumar, a model and his co-contestant in Bigg Boss house. After a few years of their relationship, the couple got separated. Later, Aanchal got married to the Indian businessman Anupam Mittal.
In his teens, he used to weigh around 122 kg. To get in shape, he started working out at a gym. He did his fitness training under the Indian fitness coach Kaizzad Capadia. Gradually, he started developing an interest in fitness training, and later, he worked as a fitness trainer for many Indian celebrities like Richa Chadda, Kunal Kohli, and Aamir Khan.
In 2016, he worked as a fitness trainer for Aamir Khan for his role in the Hindi film ‘Dangal.’
In 2004, he participated in the reality TV show ‘Bigg Boss Season 4,’ which aired on Colors TV.
Connection with the American Terrorist David Headley
In 2008, he was accused of being associated with the American terrorist David Headley, who was the key person in the 26/11 Mumbai attacks which took place on 26 November 2008. Reportedly, in September 2008, Rahul met David at a gym. While working out at a gym, they developed a good friendship. Even after the 26/11 attacks in Mumbai, they were in touch with each other. Later, during the police investigation, Rahul was interrogated by the local police for his association with David. Rahul then shared all the details of David and said that he was not aware that David was a terrorist. He also became a witness of the Mumbai Police. Later, the police officials cleared that Rahul had no criminal connections with David.
- Lord Hanuman’s tattoo on his left bicep
- Lord Hanuman’s Gada on his left forearm
- A tattoo on his right bicep
- A lion tattoo on his back
- He also goes by the name Sunny.
- In 2007, his father wanted Rahul to make his acting debut with the Hindi film ‘Suicide Bomber.’
- In an interview, Rahul shared that his relationship with his father was not always good. When he was three years old, he got separated from his mother for another woman. He said that he grew up without his father. His problems with his father came into the limelight after he was in the news for his association with the American terrorist David Headley. Rahul said,
My father Mahesh Bhatt never treated me like his own child. It’s the raw uncut truth about my relationship with my father. Perhaps if Mr Mahesh Bhatt had been a father to me I wouldn’t have gotten into the friendship with Headley. My childhood insecurities, the lack of a father-figure in my growing years were lacunas in my life that Mr Headley used to win over my confidence. I was vulnerable. I had no father to guide me in my growing years.”
- He is an ardent devotee of Lord Hanuman.
- In his leisure time, he loves to read books.
- In 2014, he authored a book titled ‘Headly Aur Main.’
- Rahul Bhatt follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- In an interview, he shared his workout regimen. He said that immediately after waking up he had one litre of cold water and a protein shake. He then ran five kilometres in thirty minutes, squatted 400 pounds, bench pressed 300 pounds, and lifted another 400 pounds.