Divya T. S. is an Indian sports shooter of the Olympic Skeet shooting discipline. She was part of the Indian shooting team at the 2022 Asian Games in Hangzhou, China.
Divya Thadigol Subbaraju was born on Monday, 14 August 1995 (age 28 years; as of 2023) in Bengaluru, Karnataka. Her zodiac sign is Leo. She pursued an LLB at the Karnataka State Law University Hubballi. Since childhood, Divya wanted to be a professional volleyball player and trained for it but she could not achieve her dream as she suffered an injury as a result of an accident in 2016. After the accident, Divya’s brother persuaded her to try shooting.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information about her parents and siblings.
Divya is unmarried.
After her accident in 2016, Divya started sport shooting and trained under Manjunath Patagar. She rose in her shooting career in a short period of time. She won multiple medals in the 10m air pistol and 25m sports pistol women’s events at State championships. In 2022, she played at the 65th National Shooting Championship at the MP Academy Shooting Range in Bhopal and won. Later, Divya secured second place in the Indian team selection and trails with a score of 574 in the 10m Air pistol event.
In 2023, after finishing in 5th position for 3 consecutive times, Divya broke her streak and won gold at the ISSF shooting World Cup in Baku in the 10m air pistol mixed team final event, along with Sarabjot Singh.
In September 2023, Divya won 2 medals at the 2022 Asian Games in the 10 m Air Pistol Mixed team event and women’s 10m air pistol team event. After the 2022 Asian Games, in an interview talking about her goals, she said,
Next year is a big year. Working consistently and getting there (Paris) is very important. I’m trying to qualify and I’m preparing my best. We have very good, supporting coaches here. I’m very thankful to everybody who has supported my journey so far,”
- In May 2023, she won a gold medal in the 10m air pistol mixed team final at the ISSF shooting World Cup in Baku.
- In 2022, She won a gold medal in the women’s 10m air pistol at the 65th National Shooting Championship at the MP Academy Shooting range in Bhopal.
- In September 2023, she won a silver medal in the 10m air pistol mixed team event at the 2022 Asian Games.
- In September 2023, she won a silver medal in the women’s 10m air pistol team event at the 2022 Asian Games.
- During her initial days of shooting, Divya faced many financial problems regarding her training. In an interview in 2022, talking about it she said,
My family is currently helping me. I intend to compete seriously in the 25m and 50m events this year, but the equipment, training, and competition costs are high. I utilise the rifle association’s shared weapon since I don’t own one. I recently received my all-India licence, allowing me to buy and import my own weapons and ammo.”
- On March 19 2022, Divya T. S. met with an accident which resulted in a massive head injury which required 12 stitches. Despite her injury and blurred vision, Divya went for her first trial for the ISSF World Cup at Rio de Janeiro on 21 March 2022 and her second trial on 23 March 2023. In the final, Divya shot 574 and made it to the team.