Ravneet Singh Bittu is an Indian politician. He led the Indian National Congress in Lok Sabha in 2021. He is a Member of Lok Sabha from the Ludhiana constituency.
- 1 Wiki/Biography
- 2 Family
- 3 Religion
- 4 Address
- 5 Signature
- 6 Career
- 7 Controversies
- 8 Car Collection
- 9 Assets & Properties
- 10 Salary
- 11 Net Worth
- 12 Facts/Trivia
Ravneet Singh Bittu was born on Wednesday, 10 September 1975(age 47 years; as of 2023) in Ludhiana, Punjab. His zodiac sign is Virgo. He did his Schooling at Guru Nanak Public School Chandigarh in 1993. He did BCA at Government College Sector 11, Chandigarh and later went to Eastern Institute of Integrated Learning in Management University.
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name was Swaranjit Singh. Ravneet Singh was just 11 when his father died of a cardiac arrest. His mother is Jasvir Kaur.
Ravneet Singh with his mother
Wife & Children
Ravneet Singh is married to Anupama Jhajj. The couple has a son, Simar Singh.
Ravneet Singh’s paternal grandfather Beant Singh was an Indian Politician and the Chief Minister of Punjab from 1992 to 1995. He was a member of the Indian National Congress. He was assassinated in a suicide bombing in 1995.
Tej Parkash Singh
Ravneet Singh’s Paternal uncle Tej Parkash Singh is an Indian Politician from the state of Punjab. He was the Transport Minister in the Government of Punjab.
Gurkirat Singh Kotli
Ravneet Singh’s Cousin Gurkirat Singh Kotli is an Indian politician and was Cabinet Minister of Industries & Commerce, Information Technology, Science & Technology in the Punjab Government.
Ravneet Singh Bittu follows Sikhism.
H.No. 33, Sector-5,Chandigarh
Ravneet Singh became the first democratically elected President of the Punjab Youth Congress on 23 December 2008, he is a member of the Indian National Congress and has won the 2009, 2014 and 2019 Lok Sabha elections from Anandpur Sahib and Ludhiana Constituency. In August 2020, he was appointed as the party whip by party President Sonia Gandhi.
- 1 charge related to House-trespass after preparation for hurt, assault or wrongful restraint (IPC Section-452)
- 1 charge related to Voluntarily causing hurt to deter a public servant from his duty (IPC Section-332)
- 2 charges related to Assault or criminal force to deter a public servant from discharge of his duty (IPC Section-353)
- 2 charges related to Obstructing public servants in the discharge of public functions (IPC Section-186)
- 2 charges related to Rioting, armed with a deadly weapon (IPC Section-148)
- 2 charges related to Every member of unlawful assembly guilty of the offence committed in prosecution of common object (IPC Section-149)
- 1 charge related to Punishment for wrongful Confinement (IPC Section-342)
- 1 charge related to Mischief causing damage to the amount of fifty rupees (IPC Section-427)
- 1 charge related to Disobedience to order duly promulgated by a public servant (IPC Section-188)
Assaulted at Delhi’s Singhu border
In January 2021, during a protest against Farmer’s Bill at Jan Sansad’s programme at the Singhu border, Ravneet Singh Bittu claimed a few people thrashed him and pulled off his turban near the memorial, talking about the incident in an interview, he said
I was ambushed by a group of people armed with sticks and weapons. Though the attack was carried out in a planned manner, we left immediately because we did not want the farmers’ protest to be disrupted due to some miscreants.”
However, police said no complaint has been received about the alleged incident.
Maruti Esteem Car
Assets & Properties
- Bank Deposits: Rs. 3,12,751
- Motor Vehicles: Rs. 50,000
- Other Assets(Gun and Phone): 44,000
- Agricultural Land: Rs. 2,55,20,000
- Residential Land: Rs. 1,91,00,000
- Other Assets(Investment): Rs. 62,00,000
The estimates of movable and immovable assets are according to the year 2018. It excludes the assets owned by his wife and dependent.
Ravneet Aingh’s salary is 70,000 per month.
Ravneet Singh’s net worth for the financial year 2017-2018 was estimated to be Rs. 5 crores. It excludes the net worth of his wife and dependent.
- After Bittu won the 2019 election, he grew close to another party member Bharat Bhushan Ashu so much that they were considered to be inseparable, which got some party members very concerned and led them to accuse Bittu and Ashu of Factionalism in the party.
- Bittu is always seen promoting the election rallies of all the senior members of the Indian National Congress.
- Ravneet Singh actively took part in the protest against the government for farmers’ rights in 2020.