Kunwar Danish Ali is an Indian politician and a member of parliament in the 17th Loksabha (2019-2024) from the Amroha constituency of Uttar Pradesh.
Kunwar Danish Ali was born on Thursday, 10 April 1975 (age 48 years; as of 2023) in Hapur, Uttar Pradesh. His zodiac sign is Aries. After completing his schooling, he pursued a Bachelor of Science degree (Hons) and then a Master of Arts degree in Political Science at the Jamia Millia Islamia University in New Delhi.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Weight (approx.): 65 kg
Hair Colour: Black (Semi-Bald)
Eye Colour: Black
Danish belongs to a Muslim family of Uttar Pradesh.
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name is Kunwar Jafar Ali; he was a farmer. His mother’s name is Nafees Jafar; he was a homemaker.
Wife & Children
Danish got married to Zubia Danish on 15 January 2005; she is a homemaker. Together the couple has three children, two sons, Zaib Danish Ali, and Shary Danish Ali, and a daughter.
Danish Ali follows Islam.
Danish’ permanent address is House No 1228 Mohalla Bhanda Patti, Tehsil Hapur, district Hapur, Uttar Pradesh.
Danish began his political journey with the Janata Dal (Secular) party, eventually becoming the All India General Secretary of the party. In 2002, he contested the Uttar Pradesh assembly from the Garhmukteshwar constituency but lost. In 2018, he played an important role in forming the coalition government between the Congress and Janata Dal (S) in Karnataka. He also played a key role in establishing the pre-election coalition between the Bahujan Samaj Party, headed by Mayawati, and the Janata Da(S).
In March 2019, he joined the BSP which declared him a candidate in the general election of Lok Sabha from the Amroha constituency.
He won the election and became a member of parliament after defeating Kanwar Singh Tanwar of the Bharatiya Janata Party by a margin of nearly 63,000 votes. Danish is the leader of the Bahujan Samaj Party in the lower house of the parliament.
Danish owns a Honda City car.
Assets & Properties
- Bank Deposits: Rs. 12,33,258
- Bonds & Shares: Rs. 30,000
- Motor Vehicles: Rs. 1,00,000
- Other Assets: Rs. 3,50,000
- Agricultural Land: Rs. 3,94,56,850
- Residential Buildings: Rs. 1,60,00,000
Note: The given estimates of movable and immovable assets are according to the year 2019. It excludes the assets owned by his wife and dependents (minor).
Danish’ net worth for the financial year 2019-2020 was estimated to be Rs. 3,17,36,726. It excludes the net worth of his wife and dependents (minors).
- In the 1990s, Danish was the student leader of the Janata Dal (Secular) at Jamia Millia Islamia New Delhi.
- He is close to the former Indian Prime Minister H.D. Deve Gowda, and his son, H. D. Kumaraswamy. He has been the face of the Janata Dal (Secular) Party in New Delhi.
- On 22 September 2023, Danish threatened to leave the parliament if the speaker of the Lok Sabha didn’t take appropriate action against the BJP (Bharatiya Janata Party) MP Ramesh Bidhuri. Ramesh abused Danish and used foul language by calling him a terrorist, pimp, and extremist in the parliament.