Ashita Dhawan is an Indian television actress. She is known for her role as Malti in the StarPlus television show Sapna Babul Ka… Bidaai (2007).
Ashita Dhawan Gulabani was born on Sunday, 23 May 1982 (age 40 years; as of 2022) in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Her zodiac sign is Gemini. She did her schooling at St. Anthony Girls’ High School, Mumbai.
She pursued a Bachelor of Commerce degree at M.M.K. College, Mumbai. Ashita was fascinated by acting since childhood.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Weight (approx.): 60 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Figure Measurements (approx.): 34-36-34
Ashita Dhawan belongs to a Hindu family.
Parents & Siblings
Ashita Dhawan’s father’s name is Vinod Dhawan. Her mother’s name is Sonu Dhawan. She has a brother named Rohit Dhawan.
Husband & Children
On 20 January 2010, she got married to her College classmate and actor Shailesh Gulabani. In an interview, Ashita talked about her relationship with her husband and said,
It’s fantastic to be paired opposite each other. We balance each other perfectly. I’m a chatterbox while he is calm and quiet. We are extending our real roles in reel too, which is fun.”
The couple has two children, twins Arhmaan and Amaira.
Ashita Dhawan follows Hinduism.
Ashita Dhawan made her acting debut in 2003 with the StarPlus television show Kayaamat – Jabb Bhi Waqt Aata Hai (2003). In 2007, she appeared in the Hindi television show Sapna Babul Ka… Bidai in which she portrayed the role of Malti.
In 2008, Ashita appeared as a contestant in the StarPlus dance reality show Zara Nachke Dikha.
Some of her popular television shows are Ladies Special (2009), Baba Aiso Varr Dhoondo (2010), Kaala Teeka (2016), Yeh Vaada Raha (2016), Khichdi (2016), Nazar (2018), Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai (2021), and Sindoor Ki Keemat (2021).
In an interview, Ashita talked about her appearance in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai and said,
I am not at liberty to divulge much about my character. All I can say is that I have been waiting for a part like this for a long time. What’s interesting is that like all my previous shows with Rajan sir, in this one, too, I will have a takia kalaam (catchphrase). While in ‘Bidaai’, it was ‘jhooth toh main bolti nahi’ and ‘jag ki jaane saanwra Jaipur ki jaane saanwri’ in ‘Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya’, in ‘YRKKH’, it is ‘mere parlour ki saugandh’. I am looking forward to being a part of the show.”
2019: Indian Telly Awards for best actor in a supporting role for the Hindi television show ‘Nazar.’
- In an interview, she shared an incident that happened when she was working for the television drama Bidaai. She said,
Long back, when my grandmother was unwell, in those days I was shooting for Bidaai. I got a call that she has just few minutes left. My then onscreen father-in-law Alok ji convinced me to leave the shoot right away and advised me to go and meet her in the hospital. I immediately left the shoot and while I was on my way to hospital my executive producer called me several times to finish chunk of scenes, so without realizing I took U turn and returned back to my shoot. I received a call just after few minutes that my grandmother is no more. I still feel the guilt for taking that U-turn.”
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- She is an avid dog lover.
- In an interview, Ashita Dhawan said that she wanted to be a Radio Jockey. She further added,
From childhood, I have had this fascination for Radio Jockeying. I have imagined myself in my room as an RJ and have stood in front of the mirror jabbering away like one. I’m doing two back-to-back interviews on radio, today and tomorrow with Radio Mirchi. I never dreamed of being on the other side but however, I’m glad that I’m getting to visit the studio.”
- In an interview, Ashita Dhawan talked about allegations against her co-actor Alok Nath and defended him. Ashita Dhawan said,Why did she not have the courage to take a stand then. Either, one resolves the matter or takes it to court but she chose not to do anything of that sort for so long. Also if at all has happened then she should take this fight of hers till the end and not only for 15-20 days just because it is the trend now. This doesn’t make sense to me. You know it is because of such people that the actual #MeToo cases get sidelined.”
- She is often spotted consuming alcohol on various occasions.
- Her hobbies include shopping, reading, and dancing.
- Ashita Dhawan is a cousin of TV actresses Jhanvi Worah and Rinku Worah.
- Ashita Dhawan has appeared as a contestant in the dancing reality show ‘Nachle with Saroj Khan.’ She has also appeared in the comic reality show ‘Hans Baliye.’
- In an interview, Ashita claimed that she gifted herself a diamond ring after receiving her first television show payment.