Prashanth Sambargi is an Indian businessman, social activist, film producer, and film distributor. In 2021, he participated in the popular TV reality show “Bigg Boss Kannada 8” hosted by the famous South Indian actor Kichcha Sudeep.
Veera Prashanth Sambargi was born on Monday, 6 October 1980 (age 40 years; as of 2020) in Belgaum, Bangalore. His zodiac sign is Libra. Prashanth studied at Webster High School, Bangalore from 1998 to 1990. He pursued Bachelor of Business Management at PES College of Management Bangalore from 1995 to 1998. He completed MBA in 2000 from TASMAC College, Bangalore.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Relationships, Wife & Children
Prashanth Sambargi is married and has two sons. One of his sons’ name is Adithya Sambargi.
In 2001, he started working as a direct selling agent in Bangalore. In 2002, he joined Reliance Infocomm as DSA-CDMA and worked there for almost 6 years. He then worked in the sales and marketing department at Reliance World, and later, he worked in the business development department at Reliance World. In 2009, he joined a real estate brokerage firm ‘Mars Realty’ as one of the partners. He also owns a real estate firm ‘VIP Square.’ He has worked as the media manager of the South Indian actor Arjun Sarja. Apart from this, he has also worked as a brand builder and advertising technician in various films. In 2021, he participated in the popular TV reality show ‘Bigg Boss Kannada 8′ aired on Colors Kannada.
- In 2018, the South Indian actress Sruthi Hariharan filed two police complaints in Bengaluru in which she accused Prashanth Sambargi of threatening to kill her.
- In 2020, a notice was issued to him by the Central Crime Branch in Bengaluru to investigate his involvement in the drug menace in the Kannada film industry. In the statement, Prashanth alleged that South Indian actress Sanjjanaa Galrani (accused in the drug case) and Congress MLA Ahmed Khan knew each other very well and had met before on 8 June 2019 at a casino. Ahmed dismissed all such rumours and lodged a complaint against Prashant for spreading such rumours.
Awards & Honours
- July 2003: Number One DAE (Dhirubhai Ambani Entrepreneurship) Program PAN India Award, presented by Mukesh D Ambani, Chairman Reliance Industries, at DAKC Bombay
- December 2003: Award for the highest number of CDMA handset sold from a retail outlet in a year- Jayanagar Reliance World
- August 2005: Runner up Best Business Partner 2005/06.
- April 2006: Letter of Excellence From Circle Head for contribution To NPI Business (New Products Incentives)
- September 2006: “The Platinum Disc Award” for Best Innovative Marketing for the Kananda movie “Aishwarya”
- September 2007: Best online B2C NPI Business at Reliance World
- In 2014, he wrote an application to his son’s school to ban using brown paper for covering the books as it harms the environment in the long run. He said,
Children need to be taught the importance of protecting the environment. The teachers at my son’s school have done a good job and Adithya does not even make paper rockets for fun. By creating awareness, we can eliminate this practice from our system for a better tomorrow.”
- In 2019, he was featured in the video song ‘Belesona Kannada’ featuring CT Ravi (Former Minister of Kannada and Culture of Karnataka) and Kannada actors Komal Kumar, Jayram Karthik, and Dharma Keerthiraj. In the same year, he sang the victory song ‘Modi Geluvu.’
- According to his social media posts, he is a strong believer of Hinduism.
- He loves to play tennis in his leisure time.
- In his various social media posts, he supported BJP and promoted the ‘Congress Mukt Bharat’ campaign.
- In 2020, he revealed that the South Indian actress Sanjjanaa Galrani who was earlier involved in the drug case had converted to Islam.
- While he was in Bigg Boss Kannada 8 house in 2021, he was trolled by the netizens for his mannerisms and making female contestants uncomfortable in the house.