Sayli Salunkhe is an Indian actress, who has appeared in multiple Hindi and Marathi television shows.
Sayli Salunkhe was born on 10 October in Kalyan, Maharashtra. Her zodiac sign is Libra. She completed her schooling at Rita Memorial School, Kalyan, Mumbai in 2013. She attended K. M. Agrawal College, Kalyan, Mumbai and SRM Film School, Thane, Mumbai. In an interview, Sayli shared that during her teenage years, she engaged in music-related activities, so, when a friend approached her with the opportunity to feature in a music video, she happily accepted it. During the song shoot, a production staff member approached her and asked her if she was interested in television acting. She agreed and made her debut with the Marathi show ‘Chhatriwali’ on Star Pravah.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): 36-28-36
She was born and brought up in a Maharashtrian family.
Parents & Siblings
Sayli’s father’s name is Santosh Salunkhe. Her mother’s name is Suchita Salunkhe.
She has a younger sister, Sakshi Salunkhe.
Sayli follows Hinduism.
Sayli made her acting debut with the Marathi television show Chhatriwali (2018) in which she appeared as Aakansha.
She made her debut in the Hindi television industry with the show Mehndi Hai Rachne Waali (2021) as Keerti Rao.
In 2022, Sayli played the role of Indu in the Hindi show ‘Bohot Pyaar Karte Hai’ on Star Bharat.
In 2022, Sayli appeared in the Hindi show “Spy Bahu” broadcasted on Colors TV, where she played the role of Drishti Abhishek Singh.
In 2023, she acted in the Hindi TV series ‘Baatein Kuch Ankahee Si’ alongside Mohit Malik on Star Plus.
- According to her social media profile, her nickname is Shy.
- Her hobbies include dancing and gymming.
- During an interview, she mentioned that if she had not pursued acting, her alternate paths would have included becoming a dancer or a choreographer. She started learning dance during her teenage years and possessed a strong passion for it. Her acting skills were recognized while participating in skits and dramas in school, motivating her to enrol in an acting school and explore theatre.
- While working on the show ‘Bohot Pyaar Karte Hai’ in 2022, she found it challenging to speak her lines in Hindi. In an interview, she shared that she was from Maharashtra, but her Marathi wasn’t very strong when she began her acting career. Her Hindi skills were also not good, but she worked hard on her dictation and learned the language. She mentioned that speaking both languages boosted her confidence a lot.
- After being in the show “Bohot Pyaar Karte Hai,” she got offers for roles that were grey and negative. However, she turned them down because she aimed to get a main role. Before she was given the chance to act in the show “Baatein Kuch Ankahee Si” in 2023, she took part in several workshops to improve her abilities.
- In the show ‘Baatein Kuch Ankahee Si,’ Sayli wasn’t the initial pick; actresses Drashti Dhami and Sriti Jha also came in for auditions for the show. Sayli attended the audition for a different role, but when Rajan Shahi, the show’s director, heard her distinct and husky voice, he was impressed. As a result, he offered her the main role. The character she played in the show, Vandana, had a truly different voice quality, making Sayli an ideal match for the role. In an interview, she talked about this and said,
People have often told me that I have a different voice, which motivates me. It is my unique voice that has helped me be Vandana. I hope the audience showers us with love and appreciation for the show.”
- According to Sayli, her appearance on the show allowed her to discover a new aspect of herself. While working on the show, she felt that it was her debut in Bollywood. The show’s title track, “Baatein Kuch Ankahee Si,” is performed by renowned singer Usha Uthup and artist Sanam Puri.
- She loves spending time with street dogs and often posts pictures with them on social media.
- She is a fitness enthusiast and regularly shares gym workout photos on her social media.
- She has a strong passion for dancing and frequently shares videos on social media of her practising different dance routines.