Rajiv Thakur is an Indian stand-up comedian, theatre artist, actor, TV host, and film director. In 2007, he participated in the Hindi reality TV comedy show ‘The Great Indian Laughter Challenge’ along with other popular comedians like Kapil Sharma, Chandan Prabhakar, and Sudesh Lehri. The show was aired on Star One.
Rajiv Thakur was born on 7 August in Amritsar, Punjab, India. His zodiac sign is Leo. He did his schooling at Jagat Jyoti Model High School, Amritsar. He then pursued a BCom at DAV College, Amritsar.
During his college days, he started participating in various theatre plays. After completing his graduation, he enrolled in MCom at Khalsa College, Amritsar. However, the HOD of the commerce department did not allow him to join classes as he did not appear for the entrance exam and was enrolled on the artist quota. He then took admission in PGDCA in the same college. Even after completing his post-graduation, he used to participate in cultural festivals at Guru Nanak Dev University (GNDU), Amritsar.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Rajiv belongs to a Punjabi family.
Parents & Siblings
His father, Sarvan Kumar Thakur, owned a shop. His mother, Prem Lata Thakur, used to stitch clothes. He has two sisters named Shalini Rana and Priyanka Thakur.
Wife & Children
On 31 January 2005, he had an arranged marriage with Aarti Thakur.
The couple has a daughter named Manya Thakur, and twin sons named Abhiraj Thakur and Athiraj Thakur.
House No-6, Street No. 1, Judge Nagar, Amritsar – 143001, Punjab (India)
He started his career as a theatre artist and performed in various Hindi and Punjabi theatre plays like Eh Ta Kamaal Ho Gaya, Baba Bantuek Nayak Ki Maut, Mirch Masala, Saawi, And Rab Milayiaan Jodiyan.
As a writer and director, he has worked in various Punjabi and Hindi theatre plays such as Thag Da Nag, Hai Hai Cable TV, Aao Sach Vekho, Princess Diana, and Bunty Aur Bubbly.
In 2010, he made his Hindi film debut with ‘Bhavnao Ko Samjho’ in which he played the role of Shekhar’s friend.
He has appeared in a few other Hindi films like ‘Dil Vil Pyaar Vyaar’ (2014), ‘Second Hand Husband’ (2015), and ‘Tutak Tutak Tutiya’ (2016).
In 2008, he made his Punjabi film debut with ‘Lakh Pardesi Hoiye’ in a cameo role.
He was featured in the Punjabi comedy film ‘Khich Ghuggi Khich’ in 2010. Some of his other Punjabi films are ‘Dangar Doctor Jelly’ (2017), ‘Tara Mira’ (2019), ‘Kanjoos Majnu Kharchili Laila’ (2023), and ‘Zindagi Zindabaad’ (2023).
In 2005, he directed the Hindi film ‘Way of Life.’
In 2006, he became the second runner-up in the Punjabi reality comedy TV show ‘Hasde Hasande Ravo,’ which aired on MH One.
He has participated as a stand-up comedian in various seasons of Sony TV’s comedy series ‘Comedy Circus.’
In 2009, he won the reality TV comedy show ‘Chhote Miyan Bade Miyan’ along with his partner Saloni. The show was aired on Colors. He has also appeared in various series of the Sony TV comedy show ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ since 2016.
He participated in the reality TV dance show ‘Jhalak Dikhla Ja’ in 2023. The show was aired on Sony TV.
In 2009, he made his TV acting debut with ‘Sajan Re Jhoot Mat Bolo’ in which he played the role of Raju. The series was aired on SAB TV.
He has also worked in a few Punjabi comedy videos like ‘Ghar Jawaaian Da,’ ‘Kulli Chadian Di,’ and Kamaal Ho Gaye. He has performed live at various stage shows and other events.
He has uploaded a few stand-up comedy videos on his YouTube channel Rajiv Thakur Comedy, which he started in 2020.
- Food: Pranthey, Daal-Roti, Cholley-Kulchey
- Travelling Destination(s): Manali, Goa
- Restaurant: Kesar Da Dhaba in Amritsar, Punjab
- While he was pursuing post-graduation, he won the best actor award five times. Later, he won the Best Actor award at the national level. He has also worked as a stage anchor during youth festivals in college.
- He is a follower of the Indian spiritual leader Chhatarpur Wale Baba or Gurudev.
- He follows a vegetarian diet.
- In his leisure time, he loves to travel and spend time with his family & friends.
- In 2016, he co-owned a celebrity cricket team Jaipur Raj Joshiley along with the Indian TV actress Kamya Punjabi in the Box Cricket League. He has also played various matches with the team.
- He is often spotted consuming alcohol at parties and events.
- On several occasions, he has shared that the Indian actor Shah Rukh Khan was his idol.
- He is a spiritual person and often visits various religious places.
- He was a classmate of the popular Indian comedian Kapil Sharma.