Neeta Shah (born 1981) is an Indian producer, author, Marketing & Strategy Consultant in Bollywood, and Producer at RDP Pulp Fiction Entertainment. She is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and also provides Brand Alliances & Integrations for both Bollywood and Hollywood feature films. Her written works include The Stranger In Me (2019), and Bollywood Striptease (2012).
Neeta Shah was born on Friday, 2 Jan 1981 (age 42 years in 2023) in Mumbai, India. She grew up in the Breach Candy locality of South Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Capricorn. From the age of fifteen, she was interested in Bollywood but her family’s practical ambitions led her to become a certified chartered accountant. In June 2001, Neeta Shah attained a Bachelor of Commerce degree, and she later studied Accounting and Taxation at Hassaram Rijhumal College of Commerce and Economics, Churchgate, Mumbai. Neeta Shah pursued modelling and was featured on an MTV television show. She also featured in Channel V’s popular fiction show – ‘Roomies’.
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Neeta Shah grew up in a half-Parsi, half-Gujarati family in South Mumbai.
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information about her parents and siblings.
Neeta Shah is unmarried and not dating anyone.
In 2012, Neeta Shah joined iRock Media as the Vice President of Business Development. In February 2012, her first novel ‘Bollywood Striptease’ was published by Rupa Publications. iRock Media bought the rights to its film adaptation way before its release. In an interview, Neeta Shah revealed that,
For the first ever time it’s happened in the publishing world in India that the book rights for a film have already been sold even before the book is out in the market. iROCK bought my book rights a week before the book hit the stores. Things are happening so quickly, I can’t believe it. God willing it’s all fallen in place.”
Her second book, ‘The Stranger In Me’ was published in May 2019. It was co-written by Aditi Mediratta Shah, a second-unit director and writer. Neeta Shah produced Noorani Chehra (2022) with the star cast of Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Nupur Sanon. She also co-produced the television show ‘Gamer Log’ billed as first-of-a-kind Indian gaming series, with Abhinay Deo, who is known for films like ‘Delhi Belly’, ‘Force 2’ and ‘Blackmail’, under his production company, RDP Pulp Fiction Entertainment.
Neeta Shah has co-produced and handled the marketing for several films.
- Roar: Tigers of the Sundarbans
- Laali Ki Shaadi Mein Laaddoo Deewana
- Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster 3
On June 1, 2023, Neeta Shah had a net worth of approximately $5 Million.
- Films: Her favourite films include, Maine Pyaar Kiya (1989), DDLJ (1995), Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar (1992), 3 Idiots (2009), and Delhi Belly (2011).
- The film industry receives value addition from Neeta Shah’s Pulp Fiction Entertainment, which offers 360-degree marketing solutions through creative, unique brand tie-ups, unconventional creative conceptualization and execution of film promotional events, and strategic planning and execution of media buys and city promotions.
- In an interview, when asked about her book ‘Bollywood Striptease’, Neeta Shah stated,
I wanted to pen down my experiences. It’s not only my own experiences but my friends too. 75% of the content is real. I can’t take names or I’ll get in deep trouble. Honestly, the writer in me was unlocked by my mentor and IROCK CEO, Siddharth Jain. He was the one who told me that I could write. One thing led to another and here I am waiting for my book to get launched this evening.”
- She has donated to numerous Indian charities as a philanthropist. Neeta Shah is a frequent speaker at business gatherings and a vibrant part of the Indian business community.
- There is a section in Neeta Shah’s book Bollywood Striptease, called ‘Red Alert’ that comes after a few chapters. In an interview, she said,
It is to caution people about certain aspects that commonly happen and take place in Bollywood. Each ‘Red Alert’ segment is scandalising.”
- Her upcoming novel, “Passion. Dreams. And Everything Other,” is set in the Bollywood industry and has an interesting twist that explores the idea of parallel lives.
- In an interview, the co-producer Neeta Shah described the show ‘Gamer Log’ as,
A unique concept with peculiar characters who are quirky yet extremely relatable”.