Gulveer Singh is an Indian athlete and army sergeant. He won a bronze medal in the 10,000-meter race at the 2022 Asian Games held in Hangzhou, China.
Gulveer Singh was born on Monday, 1 June 1998 (age 24 years; as of 2023) in Sirsa, the village of Atrauli tehsil of Aligarh district in Western Uttar Pradesh. His zodiac sign is Gemini.
Height (approx.): _’ _”
Weight (approx.): __kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): _ _ _
Gulveer Singh belongs to a Jat family from Uttar Pradesh.
Parents & Siblings
Gulveer Singh’s father, Pappu Singh, is a farmer and his mother, Lakshmi Devi, is a homemaker.
Gulveer Singh is unmarried.
Gulveer Singh follows Hinduism.
In May 2023, Gulveer Singh took part in the 5,000-metre and 10,000-metre events in the recently held 26th National Federation Cup Senior Athletics Championship 2023 held at the Birsa Munda Stadium Morabadi, Ranchi. Gulveer clocked the time of 13:54:41 in 5,000 metres and 29:05:90 in the 10,000-metre event.
Gulveer Singh has participated in many National and International competitions including the 19th Asian Games, Indian Championships, Kalinga Stadium, Asian Athletics Championships, Indian National Games, and Indian National Games. In July 2023, Gulveer along with, other Indian athletes was sent to a 10-week training camp in the high altitude of Colorado Springs in the USA.
Gulveer Singh joined the army at the age of 17 through sports quota. He belongs to the Grenadiers Regiment of the Indian Army. He completed his basic military training from Grenadiers Regimental Centre, Jabalpur.
- At the 26th National Federation Cup Senior Athletics Championship 2023, Gulveer clocked the time 29:05:90 in the 10,000-metre event. At that time, this timing was better than any time recorded in the Asian Games.
- In May 2023, he won a gold medal in the 5,000-metre race at the 26th National Federation Cup Senior Athletics Championship 2023.
- In May 2023, he won a gold medal in the 10,000-metre race at the 26th National Federation Cup Senior Athletics Championship 2023.
- In September 2023, he won a bronze medal in a 10,000-metre race event at the 2022 Asian Games in Hangzhou, China.
- Gulveer Singh was greeted with a road show around his village after he returned back to India after winning the Bronze medal in 2023. During this roadshow, Gulveer Singh announced that he would be donating Rs. 20 Lakh to a local temple.
- According to Gulveer Singh, he practised running on the footpaths of his village.