Ayesha Raza Mishra is an Indian actress who is known for predominately appearing in various Bollywood films and Hindi web series.
Ayesha Raza Mishra was born on Monday, 26 September 1977 (age 46 years; as of 2023) in Uttar Pradesh. Her zodiac sign is Libra. She did her schooling at Blue Mountain High School. When she was 10 years old, Ayesha participated in a school stage drama and played the role of a mother despite being a student at the time.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Ayesha’s father’s name is Asad Raza. He died in 2014.
Ayesha’s mother’s name is Salima Raza, who is a veteran theatre artist.
Ayesha has two sisters; her sister Huma died when Ayesha was a child.
Husband & Children
Ayesha got married to actor Kumud Mishra on 15 February 2008.
She has a son, Kabir.
Ayesha follows Islam.
Starting her career in theatre, advertisements, and television, Ayesha gained fame for her roles as mother characters in numerous films and TV series.
Ayesha made her debut in Bollywood with the film Raghu Romeo (2003) as a News Reader.
In 2014, she made an appearance in the Hindi film “Dhoom” in the role of a journalist. In 2007, she provided the voice-over for the character of Maruti’s mother in the animated film “Return of Hanuman.” In the 2008 film “Mumbai Meri Jaan,” she appeared as Sejal Agarwal. In 2010, she played the role of Motwani’s wife in the Hindi film “Thanks Maa.” In 2012, she lent her voice to the character of Prabhavati in the animated film “Krishna Aur Kans.” Her role as Indoo Mehra in the Hindi film “Dil Dhadakne Do” in 2015 garnered her significant fame.
In 2015, she took on the role of Pansokha in the drama film “Das Capital Gulamon Ki Rajdhani.” In 2016, she played the role of Shyra’s mother in the Hindi film “Befikre,” featuring Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor. In the same year, she appeared in other Hindi films including “Happy Bhag Jayegi” as Rifat Bi and “Madaari” as Goswami’s wife. In the Hindi film “Toilet: Ek Prem Katha” (2017), starring Akshay Kumar, she played the role of Vidya.
In the same year, she featured in the Hindi films “Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety” as Manju Sharma and “Veere Di Wedding” as Rishabh’s mother.
In 2019, she featured in the Hindi film “Student of the Year 2” as Archana Singh, “Bharat” as Jamuna Kumari, and “Chappad Phaad Ke” as Vaishali Gupchup. In 2022, she appeared in the anthology “Tell It Like a Woman,” where she played the role of Seema in seven short stories. In the Hindi film “Sharmaji Namkeen” released in 2022, she played the role of Rupali Dhingra.
In 2023, she appeared in the Hindi film “Tu Jhoothi Main Makkaar,” taking on the role of Mrs. Malhotra.
In 2012, she appeared in the short film “Ek Bahut Choti Si Love Story.” In the short film “The Exile” (2015), she played the role of Sudha Sharma. In 2015, she appeared in the short film Chimes. In 2017, she featured in the short film “Khaane Mein Kya Hai,” playing the role of a mother.
In 2021, she played the role of a mother in the short film titled “Ab-Normal.”
Ayesha made her debut on television with the TV series Yudh (2014) as Nayantara Sikarwar.
Following her debut, she played the role of Roli Sharma in the Prime Video TV series “Bang Baaja Baarat” in 2015. In 2016, she played the role of Ila in the TVF web series “Permanent Roommates.”
She made her debut on OTT in the film Love per Square Foot (2018) as Poonam Tiwari.
In 2018, she took on the role of Poonam Tiwari in the Netflix film “Love per Square Foot.” In the ZEE5 film “Babbar ka Tabbar,” she played the role of Mrs. Babbar. In the 2019 Amazon Prime web series “Made in Heaven,” she played the role of Renu Gupta. In 2020, she had roles in Netflix films such as “Gunjan Saxena: The Kargil Girl” as Kirti Saxena and “Ginny Weds Sunny” as Shobha Juneja.
Additionally, she appeared in the Disney Plus Hotstar film “Laxmii,” and played the role of Ratna Rajput. In 2021, she appeared as Babbo in the ALT Balaji web series “The Married Woman.” In the ZEE5 web series “Sutliyan,” released in 2022, she appeared as Supriya.
Scheduled for release in 2023, she is set to appear in the TV series “The Freelancer,” playing the character of Sabeena Khan.
- Ayesha follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- In 2023, she earned a nomination for the OTT Ensemble Cast of the Year for her role in the Amazon Prime web series “Made in Heaven.”
- In 2023, after an absence of approximately 11-12 years, she made a comeback to theatre with the play “Baaghi Albele.”
- In an interview, she expressed a preference for theatre among all the mediums, including films, television, and OTT. During the interview, she elaborated that she found plays to be a more effective medium for self-expression compared to films.
- During an interview, she discussed her experiences of playing the role of a mother in films and series. In the interview, she said,
I think playing the character of a mother is never a problem for me.The problem is, in most of the stories, they are just supportive roles and not the lead, not author-backed.I have played characters that are small in length, yes people can still recall them but not lead.While it is wonderful to see OTT has created space for more female lead stories, I feel whether it is a lead or principal character, every female should be represented in a narrative with dignity and not just as furniture, that still happens.”
- According to Ayesha, nowadays, it is crucial for actors to build their presence not only on the big screen but also on social media platforms. During an interview, she further said that she faced difficulties in staying consistent on social media. She also faced challenges in creating Instagram reels.
- Ayesha and her husband, Kumud Mishra’s love story are very famous in the Bollywood industry. Kumud Mishra, in his late 30s, fell in love with Ayesha Raza and proposed to her when he turned 40. Their marriage was inter-faith, a decision initially opposed by Kumud’s family. Nevertheless, Kumud made a lot of efforts to persuade his parents. In an interview, he talked about how he persuaded his parents and said,
Meri maa ko maine kaha toh meri maa ne saaf mana kardia. Pitaji ne thoda doubt dikhaya, aur toh maine kaha theek hai toh phir intezaar karte hai, Jab tak mujhe sahi ladki nahi miljati intazaar karenge hum. Toh mere hisaab se 2-3 ghante baad maa ne ha boldia.”
- Her grand aunts include the renowned Indian actress Zohra Sehgal and theatre personality Uzra Butt.