Sibi Thomas is an Indian actor who predominantly works in Malayalam films. In 2017, he came into the limelight with his debut movie Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum. He is also a Circle Inspector in Kerala Police and posted at Adhur police station, Kasaragod.
Sibi Thomas was born on Friday, 15 December 1972 (age 49 years; as of 2021) in Kanhangad, Kasaragod, Kerala, India. Sibi Thomas completed his degree in BSc Chemistry from Nirmalagiri College, Kannur. In 2003, he joined the Kerala Police as Circle Inspector soon after completing his graduation.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
The names of his parents are not known.
Wife & Children
His wife’s name is Elizabeth. The couple has three children named Helen, Karolin, and Edwin.
In 2003, Sibi Thomas started working as Circle Inspector for the Kerala Police at Adhur police station, Kasaragod.
In 2017, he marked his acting debut with the movie Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum in which he played the character of sub-inspector Sajan. In the following year, he appeared in the movie Kuttanadan Marpappa as a sub-inspector, in Premasoothram as Basura Chandran in Kamuki as Professor, and in Oru Kuprasidha Payyan as Praveen Kumar. In 2019, he was cast in the film Sidharthan Enna Njan and in the movie Happy Sardar as Dr Tony Jose. In 2020, he appeared in the movie Trance as Esther Villa Security. In 2021, he was seen in the movie Jai Bhim and played the character SP Ashok Varadan. The film was directed by T. J. Gnanavel.
In 2020, the script of the movie Kuttavum Shikshayum was written by Sibi Thomas along with Sreejith Divakaran.
- In 2015, Sibi Thomas was awarded Chief Minister’s Police Medal for the meritorious service.
- In 2014, Sibi Thomas was honoured with a Badge of Honour for Detective Excellency.
- In 2019, he was given a Badge of Honour for a special operation.
- In an interview, Sibi Thomas explained about balancing his career as a police officer in real life and as an artist in reel life. He narrated that he played the role of cops in several films and would not reject the offers for the same in future films. He said,
In more than half of the movies I committed to and acted in, I play cops. If I tell someone that I have been offered a role in a movie, it becomes very obvious that it would be a cop role. But I’m in no position to reject to any such role at the moment. I don’t think I need to reject,because ultimately it is a cinema and that’s where I want to be.”
- During his college days, Sibi Thomas was a university champion in the art festival competition.
- In 2017, Sibi Thomas was honoured by Malayala Puraskara Samiti with an honorary certificate.
- Several newspapers often cover the life story of Sibi Thomas in their articles.