Rukhsar Rehman is an Indian film and television actress. She is known for her role as ‘Mrinal Singh’ in the crime and mystery TV series “The Night Manager.” She has also appeared in blockbuster movies like PK, Uri: The Surgical Strike, and 83.
Rukhsar Rehman was born on Wednesday, 29 October 1975 (age 48 years; as of 2023) in Rampur, Uttar Pradesh, India. Her zodiac sign is Scorpio. She completed her schooling at a private school in Rampur, Uttar Pradesh. She holds a Bachelor’s degree.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Weight (approx.): 55kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest: 34″, Waist: 27″, Biceps: 35″
Rukhsar Rehman belongs to a Muslim family in Uttar Pradesh.
Parents & Siblings
Rukhsar Rehman’s father, Lateefur Rehman Khan was an IAS officer. He passed away at the age of 73 years on 20 February 2013. Her mother passed away before Lateefur Rehman Khan’s demise. She has a younger brother and sister.
Husband & Children
Rukhsar Rehman was married to Asad Ahmed but the couple divorced after some time. They have a 27-year-old daughter, Aisha Ahmed, who is an Indian actress and has been a part of films as well as TV series.
In March 2010, Rukhsar Rehman married Faruk Kabir, an Indian filmmaker, in a secret ceremony. They dated for almost six years before getting married. The couple has been living separately since February 2023 and are now headed for a divorce after 13 years of marriage.
Rukhsar Rehman’s and Faruk Kabir’s families knew each other for over 20 years before they started dating. They were initially just family friends before they reconnected in 2004. After spending more time with one another, they fell in love and dated for six years.
Rukhsar Rehman follows Islam.
In 1992, Rukhsar Rehman made her debut in the film industry with ‘Yaad Rakhegi Duniya’ starring opposite Aditya Pancholi. She was then 17 years old and in ninth standard.
In the same year, she made an appearance in J.K. Bihari’s film ‘Inteha Pyar Ki’ opposite Rishi Kapoor. Rukhsar Rehman comes from an orthodox Muslim family and her father wasn’t supportive of her working in the film industry, so she moved back to Lucknow. After completing her education, she started her own garment designing work in Lucknow. In 2005, she was offered a role in Ram Gopal Verma’s film, ‘Sarkar.’ She grabbed the role when she heard that she would star alongside Amitabh Bachchan. She made her return to the big screen in 2005, with Ram Gopal Verma’s crime drama, ‘D,’ in which she played the role of Bhakti Bhatnagar, Randeep Hooda’s girlfriend.
In 2008, she appeared in the comedy film ‘God Tussi Great Ho’ directed by Rumi Jaffery. In 2009, she appeared in the film ‘The Stoneman Murders,’ an Indian crime thriller film based on the real-life Stoneman’s serial killings. In 2010-11, she had a supporting role in various films such as Benny and Babloo, Knock Out, Allah Ke Banday, Shaitan, and Bheja Fry 2. In 2014, she appeared in the film ‘PK’ directed by Rajkumar Hirani. In 2017, she appeared in the Malayalam-language survival thriller film ‘Take Off,’ as a Doctor. In 2019, she appeared in ‘Uri: The Surgical Strike,’ a national award-winning film.
She was also a part of the mystery thriller ‘The Body,’ which was released on Netflix. In 2021, she appeared in Kapil Dev’s biographical film, ’83.’ Her latest appearance was in the 2022 film ‘Khuda Haafiz: Chapter 2 – Agni Pariksha,’ as Dr. Roshni Acharya.
In 2020, she starred in her first web series, ‘The Gone Game.’ It is a psychological thriller directed by Nikhil Nagesh Bhat, during the lockdown. It was completely shot at the houses of the respective cast. Rukhsar in an interview said,
I was apprehensive about shooting from home. However, my husband and daughter convinced me to take the plunge. It was a taxing process, but we had a lot of fun.”
It was renewed for a second season that premiered on 7 July 2022. Rukhsar became a popular face after this series. In 2023, she played the role of ‘Mrinal Singh’ in the series ‘The Night Manager.’
Rukhsar Rehman made her television debut with the show Bhaskar Bharti in 2009, where she plays the role of a fitness freak. From 2011-2013, she is seen in a recurring role as Dr Mallika Trehan in the TV show, Kuch toh log Kahenge. In 2013, she appeared on the Life OK channel’s show titled, Tumhari Paakhi. In 2014, she played the role of the lead character’s mother in the show ‘Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya.’ In the same year, she appeared in one of the episodes of the show ‘Adaalat’ and ‘Savdhaan India.’ In 2018, she appeared in the show ‘Haq Se,’ which premiered on ALTBalaji.
- Favourite cuisine: Continental and Indian
- Favourite dishes: Risotto, grilled chicken, dal chawal and eggs.
- Favourite restaurants: Indigo, Peshawari (ITC Maratha Sheraton) and Trishna.
- Favourite drink (non-alcoholic): Fruit Punch and Orange juice
- Favourite street food: Pani puri
- Favourite recipe: Sheer Khurma
- Favourite designers: Manish Arora and Laila Motwane
- Favourite Brands: Bershka, Fendi, Zara.
- Favourite workout: Pilates
- Rukhsar Rehman is a fitness enthusiast. She has a sweet tooth and does not believe in dieting, but emphasises healthy eating and exercising regularly.
- According to her, the major difference she has observed between doing films and TV is the warmth she receives from her audience when she meets them in person. When she was only known for movies, her audience treated her very formally, which changed once she started doing TV shows.
- She is a non-vegetarian. She prefers eating chicken and seafood over mutton.
- For breakfast omelette or scrambled egg whites, muesli and oats are a few must-haves for her.
- She likes all kinds of desserts except gulab jamuns.
- She does not consume any kind of alcoholic drink.
- She has done advertisement campaigns for brands like Kaya Skin Clinic, Asian Paints, Laxmi Foods and Saffola.
- She is an avid reader. Some of her favourite books are ‘The Kite Runner’ and ‘A Thousand Splendid Suns.’
- In her leisure time, she likes to travel and go on hikes.
- She enjoys reading poetry and often shares poems on her social media accounts.