Richa Kar is an Indian entrepreneur and is famous for being the former CEO and founder of Zivame, an online store for women’s lingerie.
Richa Kar was born on Thursday, 17 July 1980 (age 43 years; as of 2023) in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand. Her zodiac sign is Cancer. She did her graduation in Engineering from the Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani (BITS Pilani) in 2002 and her post-graduation from SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) in 2007.
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
The name of her parents is unknown. Her father worked at Tata Steel and her mother is a homemaker.
Husband & Children
Richa is married to Kedar Gavane (Vice President at comScore, Inc.)
As an Intern
After completing her master’s Richa started working as an intern where she got most of her experience. She interned with Spencer’s as Brand Communications Manager and as a consultant at SAP. Then she went ahead to work for Limited, a parent company of Victoria’s Secret.
As an Entrepreneur
Richa comes from a traditional background and opening a lingerie business was something that her parents would never approve of. However, she remained undaunted and still wanted to go ahead with pursuing what she thought was the best. 2016 was the best time period for Zivame as multiple physical outlets were set up across India and the company raised its biggest funding of $40 million from Khazanah Nasional, Unilazer Ventures, Zodius Capital, IDG Ventures (IDG), and Kalaari Capital (KC). Ratan Tata also invested during this period in the company.
In 2017, Richa resigned from being the CEO of the company but is still a member of the board.
- Pastime/Hobbies: Fitness, Cooking, Traveling, Watching Crime Thrillers on Netflix
- Richa tries to incorporate vegan foods into her life and keeps posting about her vegan dishes on her social media channels. She also likes to indulge in yoga and other forms of exercise to keep herself healthy.
- Richa Kar can surf and enjoys going to the beach.
- In an interview, Richa said that she came across the undergarment category accidentally when she was just 29 years old. She found out that women have bad experiences buying lingerie offline and that this segment needs more education since it is something close to the body.
- Richa drinks occasionally when she is out with friends or during some special occasion. She also likes to go for wine tasting.
- The meaning of the name Zivame comes from Jewish traditions. ‘Ziva’ in Hebrew means radiance and she added ‘me’ for a personal touch. Zivame meant ‘Radiant Me.’ The aim of this name was to allow women to shop for themselves without feeling self-conscious.
- She received her very first order within one hour of opening her business.
- One thing that Richa can not live without is her phone and her Mac book since she believes that she could have to work any time of the day and these gadgets are portable.