Ken Ferns is an Indian fashion designer, who has been working as a fashion stylist for the contestants of various Hindi TV shows such as ‘Bigg Boss,’ ‘Nach Baliye,’ and ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa.’
Ken Ferns aka Ken Fernandes was born on 8 October in Mumbai. His zodiac sign is Libra. He did his schooling at St. Thomas Academy, Mumbai.
He then did courses in fashion design at the National Institute of Fashion Technology and CEPZ Institute of Fashion Technology in Mumbai. Thereafter, he did a course in arts at St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai.
Later, he attended Wigan & Leigh College (now WLC College) in Mumbai to pursue a course in fashion design. He went on to study at L. S. Raheja College of Arts & Commerce, Mumbai.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name is Martino Custodio Fernandes (deceased). He has an elder brother.
At the age of 21, he started working as a lecturer at SNDT Women’s University, Mumbai. Later, he worked as a lecturer at the National Institute of Fashion Technology, Mumbai. He was invited as a guest lecturer at various fashion institutes in India. Subsequently, Ken started working as a costume designer at BBC Worldwide. In 2010, he launched his clothing line ‘Ken Ferns’ at the India Resort Fashion Week, Goa. In 2012, he worked as a costume designer for the Hindi reality TV shows ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’ (aired on Colors) and ‘Nach Baliye’ (aired on Star Plus). Since 2013, he has been working as a wardrobe stylist with the Colors reality TV show ‘Bigg Boss,’ which aired on Colors.
His clothing collection has been showcased in more than eight seasons of Lakmé Fashion Week, India. Some of the other popular fashion shows where his clothing collections were displayed include India Luxury Style Week in Bangalore, India Runway Week in Delhi, and North Eastern Fashion Week in Guwahati.
Ken has styled many Indian celebrities like Ayushmann Khurrana, Terence Lewis, Tamannaah Bhatia, Arjun Kapoor, and Gauhar Khan. He has worked as a costume and wardrobe designer at the Bollywood Theme Park, Dubai. He has also designed the wardrobe for the Amazon Prime Video’s show ‘The Remix’ (2019). Ken has worked with the video gaming company “Ubisoft” in Paris for the video game Just Dance. Ken has also created a clothing range ‘Love Laugh Live’ for the TV channel Romedy Now. For his clothing line, he has collaborated with the landmark group Splash Fashion with the name ‘Ken Ferns For Splash.’ Ken has worked as a stylist for the Hindi films ‘Rok Sako To Rok Lo’ (2004) and ‘Yeh Mera India’ (2008). He has also worked as a costume designer for the Hindi music videos “Birthday Pawri” (2021) by Meet Bros. and “Buhe Bariyan” (2022) by Kanika Kapoor. He has been working as a fashion designer at Vogatti School of Modeling, a modelling agency in Mumbai for a very long time.
- 2014: Asian Top Fashion Designer of the Year by Fashion Asia, China
- 2015: International Award for the top 5 designers in Asia by Fashion Asia Awards
- 2019: Indian Television Academy Award for the Best Costume Designer for the TV show Nach Baliye season 9
- International Fashion Designers: Hubert de Givenchy, D&G, Vivienne Westwood, Alexander McQueen, Jean Paul Gaultier, Issey Miyake
- Ken’s family and friends lovingly call him Kenu.
- While he was studying in school, his favourite subject was drawing. He used to make sketches and caricatures with different looks.
- In childhood, he used to borrow his cousin’s dolls and redress them. From there, he developed an interest in fashion design.
- At the beginning of his career, he worked as a sales boy and sold vegetable slicers at various exhibition centres and shops. He has also worked as a dancer and choreographer at a few events.
- He is fluent in various languages such as Hindi, English, and Spanish.
- He has got many tattoos inked on his body. He has a tattoo of a paw and the word ‘Vincere’ inked on his right arm. On his shoulders, he has got a star tattoo inked. He has a big wings tattoo on his chest, and a tattoo on his right bicep.
- Ken is an avid animal lover and has two pet dogs named Orko and Zoe.
- He is often spotted consuming alcohol and smoking hukkas at various parties and events.
- Ken Ferns follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- He has organised various online internship programs for fashion design students.
- Ken owns an SUV Creta car.
- In his leisure time, he loves travelling and doing adventure sports.
- In 2018, he was invited as a guest speaker at TEDx Talks, Delhi.
- In 2023, he appeared in an episode of the reality TV game show Bigg Boss for a special task.
- Ken was one of the best friends of the Indian actor Sidharth Shukla. In an interview, while talking about Sidharth Shukla, Ken shared that Sidharth was very possessive about his friends.