Karate Kalyani is an Indian TV and film actress. She has mainly worked in the Telugu films and TV serials. In 2020, she participated in the controversial TV reality show, ‘Bigg Boss Telugu 4.’
Karate Kalyani was born on Monday, 31 October 1977 (age 43 years; as in 2020), in Vijayanagaram, Andhra Pradesh. Her zodiac sign is Scorpio. She did her schooling from Kalyananda Bharathi High School, Andhra Pradesh. Later, she attended Women’s College in Vijayanagaram, Andhra Pradesh.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Husband
She hails from Yaadava Community from Uttarandhra. Her father’s name is Padaala Ramdas who is a dholak and tabla player, and he used to work at All India Radio. Her mother’s name is Vijaya Lakshmi. She has two brothers, and one of her brothers’ name is DVS Hari. After getting divorced from her first husband, she got married to the Indian lyricist, Kasarla Shyam, and the couple has one son, Chatan Sai Raman.
She debuted as an actor in the Telugu film, ‘Vechivunta,’ in 2001. She has appeared in various Telugu films, including ‘Maa Alludu Very Good’ (2003), ‘Chatrapathy’ (2004), ‘Krishna’ (2008), ‘Mirapakay’ (2011), ‘Yevade Subramanyam’ (2015), ‘Guntur Talkies’ (2016), ‘Goutham Nanda’ (2017), and ‘Raja the Great’ (2017). She has acted in many Telugu TV serials, like ‘Goranta Deepam’ (2013), ‘Madhumasam’ (2019), and ‘Muthyala Muggu’ (2019). She has mostly played negative character in TV serials.
In 2018, she was arrested in a raid by the Hyderabad Task Force while she was gambling in a club in Jahangir Nagar, Hyderabad, and Rs. 80,000 were seized from her.
- Her real name is Kalyani Padala.
- Her hobbies include singing, painting, and dancing. She is a trained singer and performs at various stage shows.
- She is trained in Karate and has a black belt in it. She has received many medals in Karate in Goa, Bhuvaneswar, and Chandigarh.
- She has founded ‘Sri Adibatla Sri Kala Peetam’ to promote the unique art form, Hari Katha; a form of story telling on religious theme.
- In 2015, her name was entered in the Limca Book of Records for performing Harikatha continuously for 114 hours 45 minutes and 55 seconds from 20 June 2015 to 25 June 2015 at Siddhartha Nagar Community Hall in Hyderabad.
- While she was called on a TV show to talk about casting couch, she had a tiff with Sri Reddy Mallidi who was another guest on the TV show.
- She has performed in stage shows like Kalyana Vasantham and Goda.
- In 2019, she accused a few expelled YSRCP leaders of posting vulgar comments about her on social media, after her meeting with the Sena Party chief, Pawan Kalyan; who is a popular Indian actor.
- In January 2020, she filed a police complaint against some unknown people for posting objectionable content of her on various websites.
- She has received various awards for her performance in Telugu films and TV serials.