Jennifer Winget is an Indian actress. She came into the spotlight after playing the role of ‘Kumud Desai’ in the TV serial “Saraswatichandra.” She has worked in numerous films and TV serials as a child actress. Winget is the ex-wife of the Indian actor, Karan Singh Grover.
Jennifer Winget was born on 30 May 1985 (age 34 years; as in 2019) in Goregaon, Mumbai. She spent her early childhood in Yavatmal, Maharashtra. Her zodiac sign is Gemini.
She attended Mumbai’s St. Xavier’s High School and went to K.J. Somaiya Junior College Of Science & Commerce to pursue her Bachelor in Commerce. Jeniffer was inclined towards acting from a very young age. She started her acting career at the age of 10 by featuring in the film “Akele Hum Akele Tum” as a child actress. Subsequently, she appeared in the films “Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat,” “Raja Ko Rani Se Pyar Ho Gaya,” and “Kuch Naa Kaho.”
Height (approx.): 5’ 5″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Figure Measurements: 34-28-34
Family, Caste, Boyfriend & Husband
Jennifer Winget was born to a Marathi Christian father, Hemant Winget and Punjabi Hindu mother, Prabha Winget.
She has one elder brother, Moses Winget.
Jennifer met Karan Singh Grover for the first time on the sets of ‘Kasautii Zindagii Kay.’ The duo fell in love while shooting for ‘Dill Mill Gayye’ and started dating each other. They tied the knot on 9 April 2012. Unfortunately, the couple got divorced after two years of their marriage.
After her divorce, Jennifer started dating the actor Sehban Azim.
Jennifer Winget started her career as an actress in 2002 by playing the role of ‘Piya’ in the TV show “Shaka Laka Boom Boom.”
Subsequently, she appeared in the TV serials like “Kkusum,” “Kasautii Zindagii Kay,” “Karthika,” “Kahin To Hoga,” and “Sangam.” In 2009, she portrayed the role of Dr. Riddhima Gupta in the medical romance drama “Dill Mill Gayye” and earned wide popularity.
In 2013, she bagged the role of ‘Kumud’ in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s “Saraswatichandra.” Her performance in the serial was liked by the audience and even earned her the Best Actress Critics Award at the Indian Television Academy Awards. Thereafter, she played the role of ‘Maya Mehrotra’ in Sony TV’s “Beyhadh.” In 2018, she featured in the romantic mystery drama “Bepannaah” as ‘Zoya Siddiqui.’
Winget has also hosted many reality TV shows like ‘Dekh India Dekh,’ ‘Laughter Ke Phatke,’ ‘Zara Nach Ke Dikha 2,’ ‘Comedy Ka Maha Muqabala,’ and ‘Nachle Ve with Saroj Khan.’
Jennifer has been a contestant in ‘Comedy Circus 3’ and ‘Zor Ka Jhatka: Total Wipeout’.
She has also featured on the cover of the ‘TMM’ magazine.
- Gold Award for Most Fit Actress (2013)
- Indian Television Academy Award for Best Actress (Jury) for the TV serial “Saraswatichandra” (2013)
- Indian Telly Award Best Actress (Jury) for the TV serial “Saraswatichandra” (2014)
- HT Most Stylish Award for Most Stylish TV Personality (2017)
- Lions Gold Award Best Actress (Jury) for the serial “Beyhadh” (2017)
- Dada Saheb Phalke Excellence Award for Best Actress (Drama) (2018)
- Indian Leaders Affair Award for Most Promising Versatile TV Actress (2018)
- Gold Award for Best Actress (Jury) for the TV serial “Bepannah” (2018)
- Indian Telly Award for Best Actress In Lead Role (Popular) for the TV serial “Bepannah” (2019)
Jennifer gets paid around Rs 1 lakh per episode.
- Beverage: Lemon iced tea
- Holiday Destinations: Singapore, Malaysia
- Restaurant: Peshwari at ITC
- Food Chains: Subway, McDonald’s
- Her hobbies include playing with her pet dogs and shopping.
- According to Jennifer, she would love to portray Rani Mukerji‘s role in the film “Black.”
- Jennifer is very fond of sweets.
- Winget is very particular about her fitness. She exercises regularly and drinks vegetable juices to maintain her fitness.
- She shares a great bond with the television actress, Drashti Dhami.
- In July 2017, Jennifer went bald (using makeup) for her negative role of “Maya Mehrothra” in the TV show ‘Beyhadh.’
- She is an avid animal lover.
- Jennifer has got inked the words “Hakuna Matata” on the right side of her shoulders. She has also got a ‘fairy sitting on the moon’ tattoo inked on her left leg.
- Her family and friends fondly call her ‘Jenni’ and ‘JW.’
- Winget is often mistaken to be a person of non-Indian origin because of her first name.
- She is extremely close to her nephew, Shawn.
- Although Winget was the first choice for Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Saraswatichandra, she was dropped out of the show because of some contract issues. Later, the production company couldn’t find a suitable replacement, so Jennifer was asked to do the role.
- In 2012, Jennifer was ranked 21 in the Sexiest Asian Women list of the Eastern Eye.
- Jennifer was also included in the ‘Television’s Top 10 Actresses’ list by Rediff and ’35 Hottest Actresses in Indian Television’ by an Indian lifestyle website for men ‘MensXP.com.’
- In 2018, she was ranked 14th in the Biz Asia’s TV Personality list.
- According to Jennifer, if would not have been an actress, she would have been an air hostess.
- Her go-to shopping destinations are Doha and Qatar.
- Winget’s first film was “Phir Se” opposite Kunal Kohli. The film was slated to release in 2015 but was released only on the web in 2018.