Danyal Zafar is a Pakistani musician, actor, and model. He is the younger brother of Ali Zafar, a popular Pakistani, actor, model, and musician. Like his elder brother Ali, Danyal is also a multitalented personality. He had a keen interest in music since childhood. He started playing and recording guitar for the songs of his elder brother Ali Zafar at the very young age of 14. Danyal made his debut as a singer with a duet song “Muntazir” with Momina Mustehsan on Coke Studio Season 10 in 2017.
Danyal Zafar was born on Thursday, 12 December 1996 (26 years; as of 2022) in Lahore, Pakistan. He did his schooling at Lahore Grammar School, Lahore Cantt, and he then went to Beaconhouse Defence Campus in Karachi, where he completed his studies till O and A level graduation. After a gap of two years, for some film projects, he attended the New York Film Academy in Los Angeles to pursue one year course in filmmaking. In one of his interviews, he talked that even being excellent in his studies, he didn’t continue his studies but went to chase his dream in the music industry.
I just completed first year of my Bachelors from University of London!”
Height (approx.): 5’ 8″
Weight (approx.): 70 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest: 40 inches, Waist: 35 inches, Biceps: 15 inches
Family & Caste
Danyal Zafar belongs to a Muslim Punjabi family in Pakistan.
Parents & Siblings
His father, Mohammad Zafarullah, and his mother, Kanwal Ameen, were professors at the Punjab University, Lahore, Pakistan. He has two brothers, Ali Zafar and Zain Zafar. His elder brother, Ali Zafar, is popular a singer, actor, model, songwriter, and producer.
Danyal made his debut as a singer in a duet song “Muntazir” (2017) with Momina Mustehsan on Coke Studio Season 10.
He started music at a very young age of 14 and worked on various music projects with his elder brother, Ali Zafar. He played and recorded the guitar for his songs. He contributed as a guitarist and vocalist in the Bollywood film “London Paris New York” (2012) in which Ali Zafar worked as an actor, singer, composer, and music director. In 2017, he performed on Ali Zafar’s song “Julie” as a guitarist for Coke Studio Season 10. He also accompanied Ali Zafar as a music director for his Pakistani film “Teefa in Trouble” (2018).
With his album “Blue Butterfly,” he made his international debut. Some of the songs included in this album are “Blue Butterfly”, “Faces in the Rain”, “Take it Slow,” and “So Long, Goodbye.”
Danyal began his acting career with a short film, “The Time Machine” (2014). Later, he performed in his music album “Blue Butterfly” (2019). He has also played the character of Zain in a Pakistani rom-com drama, “Tanaa Banaa” (2021), opposite Alizeh Shah on HUM TV. Besides film and television, Danyal has also acted in a Web Series titled “Baarwan Khiladi” (2022), telecasted on the OTT platform Tapmad TV.
Criticised for his song “Blue Butterfly”
In reaction to his song “Blue Butterfly”, many Pakistani showed their anger and criticised his song. Being sceptical about his religious beliefs, they were enraged at the execution of western culture in it.
- Singers: Pink Floyd, Jeff Buckley, and John Mayer
- Actors: Brad Pitt, Christian Bale, Adrien Brody, and Robert De Niro
- Danyal Zafar is also known as Danny Zee.
- Danyal not only reflects Ali Zafar in acting and singing but also in his appearance. They both look alike.
- Danyal Zafar was very good at studies. In one of his interviews, he said,
I wasn’t too bright initially, but after middle school I went on to score six A*s and three As in my O Level and two A*s and a Distinction Level 2 in my A Level.”
- Many of his fans consider that Danyal also has a resemblance to the Disney character Eugene, from the movie “Tangled”.
- Danyal Zafar loves to play video games. In an interview, he talked about this and said,
Oh man, I am a sucker for gaming! I play Counter-Strike 1.6 on LAN with my friends like crazy. All-nighters maybe every weekend, sometimes even every 2-3 days. I’ve wasted a lot of my time gaming and I’m not even ashamed of it!”
- Danyal is the brand ambassador for Djuice and Sprite in Pakistan.
- According to Bollywood actress Sushmita Sen, her daughter Alisah is a fan of Danyal Zafar, and Alisah’s favourite song was “Udh Chaliye” by Danyal Zafar. Sushmita revealed this in a video clip that she shared on social media.
- Once, on Snapchat, a fraud tried to deceive the fans of Danyal Zafar. Later, Danyal took to social media to inform his fans about this fraudulent activity. He said,
GUYS THE ACCOUNT ‘DANYALZAFAR’ ON SNAPCHAT IS NOT ME. IT’S A FAKE.MY ONLY ACCOUNT IS ’DANYALZEE’ (SWIPE FOR THE REAL ONE). ‘DANYALZAFAR’ IS NOT MY ACCOUNT. PLEASE BLOCK AND REPORT IT!”