Chandan Shetty is an Indian singer, lyricist, rapper, and music composer who works mainly in the Kannada Film Industry. He rose to fame with his individual track ‘Halagode.’ He is referred to as ‘Kannada Rapper Chandan Shetty.’
Chandan Shetty was born on Sunday, 17 September 1989 (age 30 years; as in 2019) in Shanthigrama, Hassan, Karnataka. His zodiac sign is Virgo.
He did his schooling from Karnataka’s Rotary School and went to St. Philomena, Puttur to complete his PUC. He attended Mysore’s Vidya Vikas First Grade College to pursue Bachelor of Business Management. After completing his graduation, Shetty started working as a call centre executive in Mysore. He worked there for around one year. Thereafter, he met the famous music director Arjun Janya through Chiranjeevi Sarja, under whom he started working as an assistant music director and a lyricist.
Height (approx.): 5’ 9”
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Family, Caste & Wife
Chandan Shetty belongs to a Hindu Family. His father, Paramesh Shetty, is a businessman and his mother, Prema Shetty, is a homemaker. He has a brother, Puneethraj Shetty.
Chandan got engaged with his girlfriend, Niveditha Gowda on 21 October 2019 in Mysuru.
On 26 February 2020, he tied the knot with Niveditha Gowda.
Chandan Shetty started his career as a lyricist and assistant music director in 2012 with the Kannada film “Alemari.” Subsequently, he worked as a lyricist, music director, and music composer in films like Varadanayaka, Power, Chakravyuha, and Bhajarangi. Chandan made his singing debut in 2015 with the individual track ‘Halagode.’ The song was a superhit and established Chandan as a singer.
In 2017, he participated in the game reality show “Bigg Boss Kannada Season 5” and emerged as the winner of the show. He took home the winner’s trophy and a cash prize of Rs. 50 lakh. In the same year, he made his acting debut with the film “Vichitra Prema Kathe.”
Some of his popular songs include “3 PEG,” “Chocolate Girl,” “Tequila,” “Nanna Preethi Sullalla,” “Fire,” and “Bad Boy.”
He has appeared as a judge in many reality TV shows including “Master Dancer,” “Kannada Kogile,” “Kannada Kogile 2” and “Kannada Kogile Super season.”
Chandan landed into controversy for proposing his love to his girlfriend, Niveditha Gowda, at Yuva Dasara, a popular event of the Mysuru Dasara. During a performance, Chandan went down on his knees and expressed his love to his lady, which did not go well with people as it was a government-sponsored program. The minister in charge of Mysuru, V. Somanna, expressed his anger over the act and asked the police to issue a show-cause notice to them for using the public platform for a private affair.
- Holiday Destination: Chicago
- His hobbies include travelling and listening to music.
- Chandan revealed in an interview that he takes his inspiration from Honey Singh for his music compositions.
- He follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- Chandan has penned more than 30 songs and has voiced over 45 songs in his 5-year-long music career.
- His music video “3PEG,” a party EDM featuring ‘Aindrita Ray’ crossed 3 million views within a few days of its release and went on to become one of the most-watched videos in the Kannada language.
- Chandan met Niveditha Gowda for the first time inside the house of Bigg Boss Kannada Season 5. The duo remained friends even after the show and gradually fell in love with each other.
- In October 2019, Chandan proposed ‘Niveditha’ in front of all the public during the ‘Yuva Dasara’ concert. Shetty went down on his knees and asked Niveditha, “Will You Marry Me?” to which she replied, “Yes and I Love You.”
- He is an avid dog lover and owns a pet dog, Apple.
- Chandan has got “XIV” inked just below his neck.
- Chandan is an active philanthropist and often works to help the needy.