Arjun Radhakrishnan is an Indian actor who predominantly works in the Hindi entertainment industry. He is known for portraying the role of Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam in the SonyLIV series Rocket Boys.
Arjun Radhakrishnan was born on Tuesday, 22 December 1987 (age 35 years; as of 2022) in Nagercoil, Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu, India. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius. Arjun, when he was two, shifted to Pune from Kanyakumari with his family. After completing his schooling, Arjun pursued a Bachelor of Technology; however, he dropped out in the first year. Later, he pursued a Bachelor of Science in Statistics at Fergusson College, Pune.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Arjun Radhakrishnan’s father, Sukumara Radhakrishnan, was an engineer.
Arjun’s mother’s name is Lata Radhakrishnan. He has a younger sister.
Arjun Radhakrishnan is unmarried.
Before venturing into films, Arjun worked as a theatre artist in various theatrical productions. He has worked as an actor in theatrical productions like Island, Ripples, and Orphans.
Arjun made his film debut with the MX Player Hindi film Weather Report, wherein he played the role of Arjun.
In 2018, he appeared in the Hindi-language film Megalopolis, wherein he played the role of Aadam. In 2022, he was featured in the Zee5 Hindi-language film Jhund, wherein he played the role of Arjun. In 2022, he made his Malayalam debut with the film Dear Friend in which he played the role of Shyam.
In 2023, he was featured in the SonyLIV series Story of Things, wherein he played the role of Junaid. In the same year, he portrayed the role of Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam in the SonyLIV series Rocket Boys.
- Film(s): Singin’ in the Rain (1952), The Godfather (1972), Nayagan (2008)
- After pursuing a B.Sc at Fergusson College, Pune, Arjun started working as a consultant at a multinational organization named KPMG. In 2012, he quit his consultant job to pursue a career in acting.
- Arjun did his first job in a call centre.
- After Arjun decided to make a career in acting, he went to the Film and Television Institute of India to pursue an acting course; however, he failed the entrance exam twice. In an interview, Arjun talked about this and said that although he could not get into the acting course, he was featured in many films directed by the FTII alumni. Arjun said,
I had failed the FTII acting exam twice, despite going through the final round. At the time, I didn’t have the experience that others brought to the table, but since FTII has a great open-door policy, I got opportunities to appear in their student films. So, I always joke that I’m an FTII Canteen pass out.
- In an interview in 2017, Arjun said that although he is a fitness enthusiast, he didn’t go to the gym for five years and practised his workout at his home. He said,
If you want to become an actor, don’t build a physique’. I haven’t gone to a gym in five years. But I do exercise a lot.”
- In 2017, Arjun won the Best Actor Award for the film Shreelancer at the Blue Glass Awards.
- A foodie, Arjun follows a non-vegetarian diet. In an interview, Arjun talked about his food habit and said,
I do not have much knowledge of food but I eat whatever is kept in front of me. Then I go and run. I don’t have a dietician saying, ‘Baba ko juice pilao’. I get sugar cravings too.”
- In an interview, when Arjun was asked to share the name of films which changed his life, he answered,
I grew up watching Agneepath, Hum, Parinda, Nayagan, Kireedam, Apoorva Sagodharargal, Rangeela. So, these are some of my early influences.”
- An ardent photographer, Arjun often shares self-captured photographs on his social media handles.