CarryMinati is one of the most popular Indian YouTubers. He is best known for his comic skits and reaction/roast videos on his YouTube channel.
CarryMinati’s real name is Ajey Nagar. He was born on Saturday, 12 June 1999 (age 21 years; as in 2020), in Faridabad, Haryana. His zodiac sign is Gemini. He did his schooling till 11th class from DPS, Faridabad in Haryana. He has completed his 12th class via distance education.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
He has one brother, Yash Nagar is a record producer/DJ, and he is popular as Wily Frenzy. There is not much information about his personal life.
He became familiar with YouTube in 2008-2009 at the age of 8. He got an inspiration to start his own YouTube channel after watching Football tutorials on YouTube. He started his own channel, ‘Stealth Fearzz,’ in 2014 and used to upload videos related to Football tricks and tutorials. Later, he created another YouTube channel, ‘Addicted A1,’ in which he uploaded commentary videos on gameplays. He used to mimic the Bollywood actors, Shah Rukh Khan and Sunny Deol in his commentary videos, but he failed to get a good number of views and subscribers on his YouTube channel. He then changed his channel’s name to CarryDeol and started publishing gameplay roast videos. Eventually, his channel started getting more views and subscribers, and he decided to change his channel’s name to CarryMinati.
In an interview, he shared his initial journey as a YouTuber, he said,
In 2014, I started with my original channel, Addicted A1. I used to record game play videos with my reactions and upload them. It didn’t get me very far, after a year I had about 35 likes. I then thought of evolving my content, and started CarryDeol. (Does an impression over the phone) It worked well with the audience, the Counter Strike community loved it and shared my work. After six months, I was bored, and needed a change. That’s when I got to my current nice–roasting.”
In 2017, he received a gold play button for crossing 1 million subscribers on his channel. In the same year, he started his another YouTube channel, ‘CarryIsLive.’
He got immense popularity with his YouTube’s diss track, ‘Bye PewDiePie,’ against the controversial Swedish YouTuber, Felix Kjellberg, popularly known as PewDiePie. Some of the CarryMinati’s collaborated tracks are ‘TRIGGER’ with Vibgyor (2019), ‘Zindagi’ with Wily Frenzy (2020), and ‘Warrior’ with Wily Frenzy (2020).
He made roast videos on Bhuvan Bam’s channel ‘BB Ki Vines,’ Deepak Kalal,’ and ‘Dhinchak Pooja,’ which are quite popular on YouTube.
On 8 May 2020, he posted a roast video, ‘Youtube Vs TikTok’ on his YouTube channel and within a few hours, the video started trending at No. 1 and got more than 5 million views within a day. On 15 May 2020, this video was removed by YouTube; as his roast video was violating YouTube’s terms and conditions.
- While he was appearing for the 12th board exams, he got nervous for his Economics exam and decided to drop out of the school. Later, he completed his 12th class vis distance education.
- He had various health issues in his early teenage; as he was overweight, later, he joined a gym and adopted diet control routines to lose excessive body weight.
- At the age of 19, he was listed in the Time Magazine’s top 10 Next Generation Leaders.
- In an interview, when he was asked how he had decided to make roast videos, he said,
Out of nowhere. I was on a Skype call with a friend, studying for the upcoming exams. On one message, saying he’s sent me notes to study, he’d actually sent a video to lighten up the mood. Despite its racy click bait title, I realised there was nothing ‘dirty’ about it and had garnered a high number of views. So I shot a video of my reactions of that video, which people loved. I’ve been doing that since.”
- He is assisted by his business manager, Deepak Char.
- In May 2020, he crossed another milestone on YouTube and received diamond YouTube play button.
- He has got a tattoo of ‘Om Nama Shivai’ inked on his right arm.
- He has received a strike on YouTube by the Haryanvi singer, Bheem Narula and by the owner of the YouTube channel, MovieTalkies, for making roast videos on them.
- His YouTube videos’ introductory line is “To Kaise hai aap log.”
- He is the only Indian YouTuber who has met the Hollywood superstar, Tom Cruise. He shared his experience of meeting Tom Cruise in an interview, he said,
Tom Cruise is genuinely a very humble man too, that’s what I made of him in the 2 minutes I got to talk to him. The association began with my network One Digital Entertainment and my management team spending days and night to get me one opportunity like this.”