Zayed Khan is an Indian actor, director, and writer who works predominantly in Bollywood films. He got into the limelight by working in Hindi films like ‘Chura Liyaa Hai Tumne’ (2003), ‘Main Hoon Na’ (2004), ‘Love Breakups Zindagi’ (2011), and ‘Sharafat Gayi Tel Lene’ (2015).
Zayed Khan was born as ‘Zayed Abbas Khan Tanoli’ on Saturday, 5 July 1980 (age 43 years; as of 2023) in Mumbai. His zodiac sign is Cancer. Zayed attended the Welham Boys’ School in Dehradun for some years and later completed his schooling at the Kodaikanal International School in Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu. He completed his graduation in Business Management at the Montgomery College in Montgomery County, Maryland. Zayed also pursued a filmmaking course at the London Film Academy in London, United Kingdom.
Height (approx.): 6′ 1″
Weight (approx.): kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Hazel Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest: 40″, Waist: 32″, Biceps: 16″
Zayed Khan’s paternal ancestors are of the Afghan Pashtun’s ‘Tanoli’ tribe.
Parents & Siblings
Zayed Khan’s father is an Indian actor Shah Abbas Ali Khan Tanoli who is famously known as Sanjay Khan.
Zayed’s mother, Zarine Khan, is an interior designer. Sanjay Khan is of mixed Afghan and Iranian descent, whereas, Zarine Khan is of Parsi descent.
Zayed Khan has three older sisters named Simone Khan, Suzanne Khan, and Farah Khan Ali. Suzanne Khan is an interior designer, Simone Khan is an entrepreneur who works as a textile designer, and Farah Khan Ali is a jewellery designer.
Wife & Children
Zayed Khan met Malaika Parekh when they both studied together in the same school at the Kodaikanal International School in Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu and started dating each other soon after. The couple got married on 20 November 2005. They were blessed with a son named Zidaan Khan in 2008, and in 2011, they were blessed with another son named Aariz Khan.
Ajay Arora, the owner of a home furnishings company named ‘D’Decor’ is the brother-in-law of Zayed Khan as he is married to Zayed’s sister Simone Khan.
Indian DJ and music composer DJ Aqeel is also the brother-in-law of Zayed Khan as he is married to Zayed’s sister Farah Khan Ali.
Indian actors Feroz Khan and Akbar Khan were the uncles (father’s elder brother) of Zayed Khan.
Indian actor Fardeen Khan is the cousin of Zayed Khan as he is the son of Feroz Khan.
In 2011, Zayed Khan was rumoured to be dating the Indian actress Dia Mirza; however, Dia denied it later.
Zayed Khan follows Islam and Hinduism both. He follows Islam because he belongs to that religion and he follows Hinduism as his wife is a Hindu. He celebrated festivals of both Islam and Hinduism.
In 2003, Zayed Khan made his Bollywood acting debut with the Hindi romantic thriller film titled ‘Chura Liyaa Hai Tumne’ in which he played the characters of Prakash Yogi, Vijay Chouhan, and Vishal Malhotra.
In the following year, Zayed Khan was cast in the Hindi masala film titled ‘Main Hoon Na’ in which he played the character of Laxman “Lucky” Prasad Sharma.
In 2005, Zayed was cast in the Hindi action thriller film titled ‘Dus’ in which he played the character of Aditya Singh who was a member of ATC.
In 2006, he was cast in the Hindi action crime film titled ‘Fight Club: Members Only’ in which he played the character of Vicky Khanna.
In 2015, Zayed Khan was cast in the Hindi comedy thriller film titled ‘Sharafat Gayi Tel Lene’ in which he played the lead character of Prithvi Khurana.
In 2017, Zayed Khan made his television debut with the Hindi TV series titled ‘Haasil’ in which he played the character of Ranvir Raichand. The TV series was aired on Sony Entertainment Television channel and went on for one year till 2018.
- 2004: Zee Cine Awards for ‘Best Male Debut’ for the Hindi film titled ‘Chura Liyaa Hai Tumne’ (2003)
- 2005: Filmfare Awards for ‘Best Male Debut’ for the Hindi film titled ‘Main Hoon Na’ (2004)
- 2005: Filmfare Awards for ‘Best Supporting Actor’ for the Hindi film titled ‘Main Hoon Na’ (2004)
Zayed Khan owns a Ducati Street Fighter 1100 cc and one more black bike.
Zayed Khan owns a Ferrari 458 Italia and a Mercedes car.
- Car Brand: Ferrari, Porsche
- Zayed Khan used to smoke cigarettes during the initial years of his career; however, after the birth of his first son Zidaan Khan, Zayed completely quit smoking because whenever he tried to hold his son in his arms, he would refuse and refrain because of the smell of the smoke that was constantly coming out from Zayed which is why he quit smoking entirely. His sister Farah Khan Ali was quoted saying in an interview
Yes. Zayed has given up smoking completely. I am not sure whether it is for his baby or not. Anyway, he was never a chain smoker. He’d smoke at nights especially after partying but all that is over now.”
- Zayed Khan proposed marriage to his now-wife Malaika Parekh four times and gave her four rings.
- In 2005, he was involved in a car accident in Panjim, Goa and it happened when he took a wrong turn and accidentally hit a 40-year-old woman on a scooty. The woman sustained mild injuries but did not make any police complaint.
- In 2010, Zayed Khan along with Indian actress Amrita Arora were cast in a music video titled ‘Disco 82 Remix’ by DJ Aqeel for the music album UMI-10.
- In 2022, Zayed Khan and his wife Malaika Parekh founded their own production house called ‘Hungry Wolves Entertainment.’
- In 2023, Zayed made a comeback with a mockumentary (a film depicting fictional events, but presented as a documentary) titled ‘TFTNW’ which was released on the OTT platform.
Zayed Khan Set To Make A Grand Return In TFTNW—A Mockumentary Film With 15-20 Star-Studded Guest Appearances, Including Father Sanjay Khan!https://t.co/XwbLDr6nl4#ZayedKhan
— Box Office Worldwide (@BOWorldwide) April 4, 2023
- He loves animals and often shares photos of his pet dogs on social media.
- He consumes alcohol and prefers drinking vodka and beer.
- Zayed is a non-vegetarian and often shares photos of his ordered food on social media.
- He loves playing guitar and also records his tunes during his leisure time.
- Zayed Khan is a close friends with Indian actress Esha Deol and they often post photos with each other on social media.
- In 2023, Zayed Khan claimed that director Farah Khan abused him and even threw her slippers at him during the shoot of ‘Main Hoon Na’ (2004). She got angry during the shoot of a dance scene and Zayed was quoted saying in the interview
Farah got so angry. She abused the hell out of me and also threw her chappal on me! I told her, ‘How do you expect me to dance over somebody who is dying, man’!”