Siddhant Sharma is an Indian rapper and music producer. He is popularly known by his stage name Calm. He is one of the members of the hip-hop duet ‘Seedhe Maut.’
Siddhant Sharma (Calm) was born on 1 September. He did his schooling at Delhi Public School, Bhiwani, Haryana. He received a bachelor’s degree in Journalism from the International School of Media and Entertainment Studies (ISOMES), Noida, Uttar Pradesh in 2018.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Siddhant Sharma (Calm) got inked his first tattoo of the red devil on his upper arm.
He has an ‘Hourglass’ tattoo on his left calf and some tattoos on his left arm.
Parents & Siblings
He has an elder brother named Saahil Sharma.
He is unmarried.
Siddhant Sharma started recording rap songs while pursuing his bachelor’s degree. He recorded his first solo song, “Invasion,” in August 2015, which he uploaded on the music app ‘SoundCloud.’
He recorded his second song, “Conscience,” in October 2015. He did his first stage performance at Spit Dope, a Delhi underground battle rap tournament of MC Kode and Encore ABJ in 2015, where he met Abhijay Negi (Encore ABJ), who later became his partner in the duo ‘Seedhe Maut.’ He also turned producer for some of the songs by ‘Seedhe Maut’ such as ‘101’ (2019), ‘Ball’ (2020), and ‘Namastute’ (2021).
The Delhi-based hip-hop stars Siddhant Sharma (Calm) and Abhijay Negi (Encore) formed their duo “Seedhe Maut” in 2016.
The duo touched on issues like politics, Indian society, romance, and the education system in their hip-hop tracks. In September 2016, the duo joined YouTube and released their debut mixtape “2 Ka Pahada,” which includes seven tracks including ‘Seedhe Maut Anthem,’ ‘Royalty,’ ‘Classsikh Maut,’ and ‘Hanging On.’
After the release of their debut mixtape, the duo signed with an independent record label, Azadi Records, in 2018 and released hit singles such as ‘Kranti’ (2018), ‘101’ (2019), ‘Dum Pishaach’ (2020), and ‘Do Guna’ (2020).
Seedhe Maut released their debut album, “Bayaan,” produced by ‘Sez on the Beat’ (music producer) in 2018, which includes twelve tracks, and the most notable of them include ‘Shaktimaan,’ ‘Meri Baggi,’ ‘Pankh,’ and ‘Kyn.’ The album is based on the life journey of the rappers.
In 2021, the duo released another album “न,” consisting of ten tracks including ‘Namastute,’ ‘Naamcheen,’ ‘Nadaan,’ and ‘Natkhat.’ In 2022, the crew released their album “Nayaab” in collaboration with ‘Sez On The Beat,’ comprising 17 tracks. Some of the album’s most notable tracks include ‘Toh Kya,’ ‘Anaadi,’ ‘Maina,’ ‘GODKODE,’ ‘Batti,’ and ‘Teen Dost.’ According to the rappers, the album “Nayaab” is all about their life after the release of their debut album “Bayaan.”
The duo made their guest appearance in the show “Hustle 2.0” in 2022. They also hosted the show “Red Bull Spotlight” in the same year. In 2023, Seedhe Maut was seen performing in the show Bigg Boss 16, at a live concert along with the popular rapper MC Stan and Ikka.
- Before forming the duet Seedhe Maut, Siddhant Sharma was known by his stage name ‘Calmchorr.’
- Previously, Siddhant used to rap in the English language, but later, he switched to Hindi as he thought he couldn’t give his full potential in a foreign language. The verse of his song ‘Classikh Maut volume 2’ (2018) was the first verse that has written in the Hindi language.
- He used to participate in the open mic during his school and college days.
- In an interview, he talked about the name of his hip-hop duo with Abhijay Negi. He said that the slang ‘Seedhe Maut’ was used by his elder brother in his day-to-day life. By ‘Sheede Maut,’ they mean ‘to rock’ or ‘to nail.’
- His favourite songs from his debut album, ‘Bayaan,’ are ‘Meri Baggi’ and ‘Pankh.’