Pooja Hegde is an Indian model and film actress. She has worked in Hindi, Telugu and Tamil films and is known for being the lead actress in Mohenjo Daro (2016). She was crowned as the second runner-up at the Miss Universe India 2010 competition.
Pooja Hegde was born on 13 October 1990 (age 28 years; as in 2018) in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Libra.
She studied at M.M.K College, Mumbai and is a post-graduate in Commerce.
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Weight (approx.): 53 kg
Figure Measurements (approx.): 34-25-34
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
She hails from the Udupi state of Karnataka. Her father, Manjunath Hegde is a lawyer.
Her mother, Latha Hegde is an Immunologist and Genetics Professional. Her elder brother, Rishabh Hegde is a doctor.
She competed in Miss India 2009 competition but was eliminated in an early round in spite of winning Miss India Talented 2009 Honour. She reapplied the next year and became the second runner up at Miss Universe India 2010 competition. She was also crowned Miss India South Glamorous Hair 2010 in the subsidiary competition. She made her acting debut with the 2012 Tamil movie “Mugamoodi.”
Pooja made her Telugu film debut with the movie “Oka Laila Kosam (2012).”
She made her Bollywood debut with the film “Mohenjo Daro (2016).”
- Miss Universe India 2010 second runner-up
- Miss India South 2010 runner up
- Miss India South Glamorous Hair 2010
As of 2023, her net worth is around Rs 50 crore.
- Actress: Madhuri Dixit, Meryl Streep, Jennifer Lawrence, Sandra Bullock
- Musician: A. R. Rahman, Katy Perry, Jennifer Lopez, Rihanna, Bryan Adams, Justin Timberlake, Lady Gaga
- Sportsperson: Roger Federer, Rahul Dravid
- Books: Harry Potter Series, Shopaholic Series
- Pooja is a trained Bharatanatyam Dancer.
- She used to participate actively in singing, dancing, and fashion contests during her college days. She was even a part of the college festival committee.
- She took Telugu lessons to help her portray the lead female role in the movie “Oka Laila Kosam (2012).”
- After watching Pooja in an advertisement, Ashutosh Gowariker’s wife recommended her name for the film “Mohenjo Daro (2016)” and called her for the audition, which she successfully passed.
- Due to her commitment to the film “Mohenjo Daro”, she rejected the opportunity to work in Mani Ratnam’s film.
- She is a huge fan of Roger Federer and Rahul Dravid.
- Her mother tongue is Tulu, but she can also speak in Hindi, English, Kannada, and Tamil fluently.
- Her family initially wanted to name her as ‘Lakshmi’ because she was born on the Lakshmi Pooja Day of Deewali. However, her maternal grandmother considered the name as old-fashioned, so, they changed it to ‘Pooja.’
- If not an actor, she would have opted for fashion designing or pursued photography or business.
- She was seen in Hero Maestro ad commercial opposite Ranbir Kapoor.