Nirav Modi aka Nirav Deepak Modi is a well-known businessman and the founder of famous diamond jewellery company Firestar Diamond International and brand Nirav Modi. Check out Nirav Modi Wiki, Height, Weight, Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Children, Caste, Family, Biography & More.
Nirav Modi is a 46 years old man who was born in Antwerp, Belgium, Europe. He currently resides in Mumbai, India. He took lots of interest in designing since childhood. He runs his diamond jewellery business and sales his products in different countries. He also launched his brand Nirav Modi in different locations such as Mumbai, Delhi, Hong Kong, New York, Macau, and London.
He is approximately 5’6” tall and weighs around 65 kg. He has brown eyes and black hair.
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
He belongs to a Gujarati family. His father Deepak Keshavlal Modi is also a diamond jeweller, and his mother is an interior designer. He follows the Jain religion. He has a brother Nishal Modi. His father shifted to Belgium in the 1940s to grow his diamond business as this country is famous for diamonds. His maternal uncle Mehul Chinubhai Choksi is also a great businessman and runs a largest branded jewellery company Gitanjali Gems Ltd.
He got married to Ami Modi. The couple has two daughters, Apasha Modi & Ananya Modi, and a son Rohin Modi.
After schooling, Nirav Modi started studying at The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, USA but he dropped out the college and went India where he joined his maternal uncle Mehul Choksi’s company and worked there for around ten years. In 1999, he founded his diamond jewellery firm Firestar Diamond International. After some time, he designed the earing pair as per the request of his friend. He then turned his passion into the brand to whom he gave the name Nirav Modi.
He has designed so many unique patterns such as Riviere of Perfection, Golconda Lotus Necklace, etc. that make his brand so popular. His Golconda Lotus Necklace was sold in 2010 at the Hong Kong auction of Christy for Rs. 16.29 crore and his Riviere of Perfection was sold in 2012 at Hong Kong auction of Sotheby.
In February 2018, Punjab National Bank (PNB) filed a complaint against him by alleging that he was defrauding the bank of approximately Rs. 11, 400 crores. As per the reports, his wife Ami Modi, uncle Mehul Choksi and brother Nishal Modi have also involved in this case of fraud. The bank also claimed that they were fraudulently involved in issuing bank guarantees or Letters of Undertakings (LoU) at the Mid Corporate Branch of the bank in the Brady House of Mumbai. The Directorate of Enforcement handles this case. His passport has also been cancelled by the Ministry of External Affairs for four weeks.
- He is an avid art collector.
- He became the first Indian jeweller in 2010 to be featured on the catalogues of Christie and Sotheby.
- So many celebrities wore his diamond jewellery like Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Kate Winslet, Lisa Haydon, Naomi Watts, etc.
- His favourite actresses are Priyanka Chopra, Dakota Johnson, Kate Winslet, Amy Adams, Sonam Kapoor, and Jacqueline Fernandez.
- Black, Blue, Pink, and White are his favourite colours.
- He loves to wear watches, and his favourite watches are Swatch Tresor Magique, Vacheron Constantin Malte Tourbillon, IWC Novecento, and Rolex platinum.
- He has a large collection of cars like one Rolls Royce Ghost, two Mercedes Benz GL class, one Porsche Panamera, three high-end Honda cars, one Toyota Fortuner, one Bentley, etc.
- Here’s a video that describes the extravagant lifestyle of Nirav Modi.