Candice Pinto is a model and a makeup artist. She is known for becoming Miss Tourism International 2002. Candice wanted to become an animator, but she chose to become a model.
Candice Pinto was born on Thursday, 12 March 1981 (age 40 years; as of 2021) in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Pisces. Her ethnicity is Catholic. She studied at Holy Cross High School, Mumbai. For her graduation, she went to South Indian Education Society (SIES) College, Mumbai. She has done Masters in Economics. While Candice was pursuing graduation, she took part in the seventh GladRags Mega Model contest and won her first title in 2000.
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): 34-26-34
Parents & Siblings
The names of Candice`s parents are not known. One of her parents belongs to Goa and the other belongs to Mangalore. The name of her brother is not know. She has two sisters and their names are Claudine Pinto and Carol.
Candice got married to Drew Neal who is a kickboxing champion and personal fitness trainer on 10 February 2017.
The ceremony took place in Goa at Caravela Beach Resort. Lubna Adams, Surelee Joseph, Aanchal Kumar, Deepti Gujral, Mugdha Godse, Carol Gracias are some of the models who attended her wedding. She was looking stunning in a white gown.
In 2001, she was the Indian representative at Miss Intercontinental pageant which was held in Germany. She represented India at various International Mega Model Contests. In 2002, she became Miss Tourism International in Malaysia.
In 2015, she participated in the Blenders Pride Fashion Week.
She also walked the ramp for ORRA Luxury Jewellery Show. In 2020, she took part in the Digital Lakmé Fashion Week.
She was also on the list of India’s 50 top models. She achieved a certificate for becoming a verified makeup artist on 13th August 2021.
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- ‘Best body’ at the Top Model of the World contest 2001 in Germany
- She became Miss Fresh Face in 2002
- Travel Destination(s): Rome, Barcelona
- Candice`s food habits include eating non-veg.
- She likes watching movies, cooking, working out and travelling.
- Since 2002, Candice is seen attending various events that include Lakme Fashion Week and India Fashion Week. She also appeared on the covers of various magazines.
- In 2013, she celebrated her birthday while she was trying fittings for Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week. She said in an interview,
I’m having a working birthday in Delhi and the celebrations began last night around 11pm where all the other models created a naughty cake for out of all the sweets that were laid out on the buffet table. But later on, at 12-o-clock, they brought it my real birthday cake and sang to me. Of course, they didn’t miss the opportunity to smash it on my face!”
- In 2016, she was invited to Bipasha Basu`s wedding. She attended the wedding with her husband Drew.
- The Lakme Fashion Week 2020 was held online due to the pandemic. In an interview, she shared her experience of being a part of the Digital Lakmé Fashion Week. She said,
Being from Mumbai, the worst-hit city, safety was the first thing that crossed my mind. The protocol of testing us one week before isolating us in a hotel made us agree to the show. We were excited but also scared of the situation. Digital shows require patience. These shows are shot on moving cameras and there are retakes. So it is a bit more tedious than a normal show. However, it’s great watching the show and looking at the ensembles, up close and personal.”
- Candice started her own YouTube page where she shares fitness tips, skincare tips and makeup videos.
- She works out for thirty minutes every day before her day starts.
- She believes in wearing clothes that are comfortable and suits her personality.
- In an interview, she talked about digital fashion shows and said,
In contemporary fashion shows, models have to work fast since they showcase multiple outfits in a single show. In contrast, digital shows take more time due to re-takes to ensure the team gets the perfect shot. The camera zooms in on designs and models need patience to follow instructions to suit the camera. We do miss the audience but after having done fashion shows for so many years, it doesn’t affect us.”
- Pinto often shares cooking videos on Instagram. She keeps trying new recipes.
- Before getting married, Pinto shared in an interview about her likes and dislikes in a man. She said,
I think a man’s shoes are a reflection of his soul and can tell you everything you need to know about him, right from his personal style to his cleanliness habits. If a man knows how to respect a woman, and treat her well by doing little things like pulling the chair for her or holding open the car door, he just might impress the ramp veteran.”
- Giving advice to young models, she said in an interview,
Complete your education first. Then you can go on to do whatever you’d like!”