Belén López is a Spanish actress known for her work in the TV series such as Motivos Personales (2005), Pelotas (2009–10), Luna, el misterio de Calenda (2012), and Neflix’s White Lines (2020).
Belén López was born on Saturday, 28 March 1970 (age 50 years; as in 2020) in Seville, Spain. Her zodiac sign is Aries. She studied music, song, dance, acrobatics, and pantomime at Centro Andaluz de Teatro, Andalusia along with the Spanish actors, Paco León and Paz Vega. She also attended Clown workshops by the actors, Gabriel Chame and Miguel Garrido.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Family & Ethnicity
Her parents died when she was in the second year of her schooling.
Her elder brother, Txiki López is a painter, art, and set designer.
She was in a relationship with the Spanish actor, Miguel Ángel Silvestre from 2005 to 2010.
She is currently in a relationship with a musician named Indigo Fernandez.
In 1994, she made her acting debut with the TV series, Leyendas (1994) as an episodic character. She mostly played supporting or episodic roles in the series, Manos a la Obra (2001), Mujeres (2002), Hospital Central (2003), Ana y Los 7 (2004), and La sopa boba (2005). She made her breakthrough with the television series, Motivos Personales (2005) as ‘Maite Valcárcel.’
She has also acted in the serials, El comisario (2006), RIS Científica (2007), Rex, un policía diferente (2008), Los misterios de Laura (2011), Luna, el misterio de Calenda (2012), Amar es para siempre (2013), Águila Roja (2015), Traición (2017-2018), and Neflix’s White Lines (2020).
She made her film debut with a minor role of ‘Mujer de la fuente’ in Yerma (1998).
She played her first major role as ‘Raquel’ in the film, La Distancia (2006).
She has acted in many popular films, such as 15 años y un día (2013), El club de los incomprendidos (2014), Garantía personal (2015), Embarazados (2016), and Adú (2020). She has also acted in many short films, including Llévame a otro sitio (2004) in which she played the role of ‘Patricia.’
Her other short films are – Mcguffin (2005), Ludoterapia (2006) La autoridad, (2010), and Una flor en recepción (2011).
Awards & Achievements
For the Short Film, Llévame a otro sitio in 2004
- XXXVI Muestra Cinematográfica del Atlántico de Cádiz for Best Female Interpretation
- VII Certamen Nacional de Cortometrajes Ciudad de Astorga for Best Actress
- Special Mention for Best Individual Work at cortometraje en el VI Festival Joven de Cine Español de Albacete (ABYCINE)
- AISGE Award for Best Actress at IX Festival Internacional de Cine Independiente de Ourense (OURENCINE)
- Best Actress Award at IX Festival Nacional de Cine de Jóvenes Realizadores de Zaragoza
- Best Actress Award at Certamen de Cortometrajes Ciudad de Soria
- Best Actress Award at XII Certamen Nacional de Cortometrajes de Mula
For the Short Film, Llévame a otro sitio in 2005
- Best Actress at 4º Festival Europeu de Curtmetratges Reus
- Best Actress at I Festival de Cortometrajes “Trayecto corto 2005”
For the Film, 15 años y un día (2014)
- ASECAN Award for Best Female Performance
- Premio de la Unión de Actores for Best Supporting Actress
- Book: The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway
- She likes reading books, dancing, and writing poems.
- She has also acted in theatre plays such as Deseo, Spain is indifferent, Las Troyanas, and El Tiempo y Los Conway.
- In 2018, she released Desconcierto, a musical theatre, which is also her first album.
- She is an avid dog lover and owns two dogs named Gloria and Ronka.
- She is very fond of music and also knows how to play the guitar.