Anant Tyagi is an Indian anchor, commentator, and emcee at Star Sports. He has worked as a lead anchor for Indian Football competitions, Indian Super League (Football), IPL (Cricket), ICC Cricket World Cup (Cricket), ICC Champions Trophy (Cricket), and Rio Olympics.
Anant Tyagi was born on Sunday, 23 November 1986 (age 34 years; as of 2020) in New Delhi. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius. His hometown is Mumbai. He did his initial schooling from Delhi. When Anant was 11 years old, his parents enrolled him in Dehradun’s The Doon School (Boarding School) as they wanted him to balance both academics and sports. While in school, he got involved in sports like Field Hockey, Tennis, and Athletics and desired to become a Tennis player. After completing his schooling, Anant went to Hindu College, Delhi University, to pursue Bachelor of Arts and Economics Honours. He then went to New Delhi’s Jamia Millia Islamia to pursue Masters in Mass Communication. Later, he attended The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), London to pursue a course in Digital Communication and Multimedia. Thereafter, he worked as a Business Analyst at Centrica, a gas company in London for around two years. Once, while Anant was having lunch with one of his friends, his friend suggested him to audition for a Hindi commentator at ESPN-Star Sports. He went for the audition and bagged a commentary stint for the English Premier League.
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Family & Caste
He was born in a middle-class family from Bhopal.
Parents & Siblings
His father is a former banker. Not much is known about his mother. He has a younger sister, Manjula Tyagi.
Relationships & Wife
Anant tied the knot with his girlfriend, Sagarika Chettri (sports anchor), on Sunday, 20 December 2015.
Anant started his career as a Hindi sports commentator with ESPN Star Sports in 2013. He has hosted sports events like the Barclays Premier League. In 2014, he joined Star Sports and hosted the Indian Super League in Hindi. Following that, he did many non-live sports shows in English. Subsequently, he started presenting the live feed in English.
In 2017, Anant presented the Indian Premier League (IPL) for Hotstar. As a sports anchor, he has hosted many sports events like Indian Super League, IPL, ICC Cricket World Cup, ICC Champions Trophy, and Rio Olympics.
He has interviewed many well-known sports personalities like Nadia Comaneci (Gymnast) and Vishwanathan Anand (Chess Grandmaster).
- Travel Destination: Austria
- Sports Venue(s): Wankhede Stadium in Mimbai, Mumbai Football Arena
- Sports Personality: Roger Federer (Tennis Player)
- Anant Tyagi likes to travel and watch movies in his leisure time.
- He is an avid animal lover and has two pet cats.
- Anant has presented Indian Super League for five seasons and has hosted around 300 matches as of 2019.
- Anant was a Junior Head Boy in his school in Delhi. He remained the Head Boy at The Doon School, Dehradoon.
- Anant was one of the two students in the seventy-five years of history of The Doon School to get all the 3 Blazers Awards, the ‘Scholar’s Blazer’ for being good in academics and extracurricular activities, the ‘Games Blazer’ for being good in sports, and the ‘Duke’s Blazer,’ the International award for young people (as of 2003).
- Anant’s paternal grandfather, Dushyant Kumar, was a famous poet, and his maternal grandfather, Kamleshwar, was an author who wrote films like Aandhi (1975). His maternal grandfather was a Padma Bhushan awardee.