Rani Hazarika is a Bollywood playback singer and musician, who has recorded over 1000 songs in various languages including Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Maithili, Bhojpuri, Oriya, Kannada, Malayalam, Telugu, and Kashmiri.
- 1 Wiki/Biography
- 2 Physical Appearance
- 3 Family
- 4 Career
- 5 Awards
- 6 Favourites
- 7 Facts/Trivia
Rani Hazarika was born on Sunday, 8 October 1984 (age 38 years; as of 2022) in Guwahati, Assam. Her zodiac sign is Libra. Rani did her schooling at Ambari High School in Guwahati. She pursued a Bachelor of Music (Vocal) from Bhatkhande Sanskriti Vishwavidyalaya, Lucknow. When Rani Hazarika was 6 years old, she started learning Indian classical music and began performing on the stage professionally. She learnt the basics of music from her father, Late Rose Hazarika. By the time she was in 8th standard, she became very popular in Assam because of her voice. She learned professional music under the guidance of Santhosh Pandit and Jaspinder Narula (Bollywood playback singer). After getting professional training, she started recording jingles. She has also worked as a playback singer in many Assamese films and albums.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Weight (approx.): 65 kg
Hair Colour: Light Brown
Eye Colour: Light Brown
Figure Measurements (approx.): 34-30-34
Rani Hazarika belongs to a Muslim-Assamese family of musicians in Guwahati, Assam.
Parents & Siblings
Her father, Late Rose Hazarika, was an artist in the Information Broadcasting Songs and Drama Division. Her mother’s name is Malina Hazarika. Rani Hazarika is the youngest of four sisters. Two of her sisters’ names are Sahnaz Ara Begum and Sabnam Begum. During an interview, Rani said that she always views her parents as her role models.
Husband & Children
Rani Hazarika is married to Jaan Nissar Lone, a Bollywood music director and producer. Jaan Nissar Lone is a Kashmiri who was born in Baramulla, J&K. They both have a son named Raah Nissar Lone.
Rani Hazarika made her Bollywood debut in the film ‘Jab we met’ (2007), where she was the backing vocalist for the playback voice of the leading actress of the movie Kareena Kapoor. She then went on and lent her voice to many popular Hindi songs including “Kammo” from the film Department (2012), and “Sarkar” from the film ‘Udanchhoo’ (2018). Rani Hazarika gained popularity after being one of the singers of the Hindi song ‘Nas Nas Mein’ in the multi-star cast film ‘Welcome Back’ in 2015. The other singers were Meet Bros and Shabab Sabri. Rani Hazarika has worked in more than 25 films and has been a playback singer in the Hindi songs ‘Mera Yaar Thanedaar’ in the film 18.11: A Code of Secrecy (2014), ‘Kaagaz si Hai Zindagi’ in the film Jeena isi ka naam hai (2017), ‘ UP Ka Barsola’ in the film 9’o clock (2017).
Rani lent her voice as a playback singer for a folk song in the Punjabi film ‘EK–The Power of One’ starring Bobby Deol in 2009.
Rani also sang in a Telugu movie titled Yeh Kaisa Karz (Boss) in 2006.
In 2022, Rani Hazarika got the opportunity to voice a song in the Tamil film ‘Victim.’
Reality TV Competitions
At the age of 23, Rani Hazarika auditioned in Indian Idol- Season 3. She performed the Hindi song ‘Kaisi Paheli Zindgani’ and appeared in the top 30 participants.
Despite having her feet in the Indian music industry, Rani competed in the Indian reality singing TV show ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa’ in 2010 and was in the top 8 finalists. Rani appeared as one of the finalists in the popular Amul Star Voice of India. Apart from these competitions, Rani has also participated in many reality TV musical shows including Singing superstar (2010), Rock The Dhun Voice of Mumbai, and Bollywood Club on Zoom TV.
AR Music Studios – Rani Hazarika’s Music Label
In the year 2014, Rani Hazarika and Jaan Nissar Lone, her husband, founded Jammu and Kashmir’s first international music record label AR Music Studios in Mumbai, which owns right over 3000 mainstream songs. The majority of the music videos produced by AR Music Studios have been shot in Kashmir.
In 2022, AR Music Studios produced Kashmiri songs such as Harmukh Bartal, Tamanna- Dua, Durey’r. All the songs that AR Music Studio have produced are sung by Rani herself along with her husband, Jaan Nissar Lone. The other Kashmiri songs produced by them are ‘Teri Yaad’ (2021), ‘Bandeya’ (2020), ‘Rouvmut Dildar’ (2020), ‘Ya Nabi Salam Alayka’ (2020), ‘Fariyaad’ (2019), ‘Maenzi Raath’ (2018), ‘Jugni- folk song’ (2017), ‘Peer Myanio’ (2016). Rani’s song ‘Salam E Wazwane’ (2019) was highly acclaimed by the Kashmiri audience.
Rani Gazarika sang the cover song of “Tu Meri Zindagi Hai,” which was originally sung by Kumar Sanu in 2021.
Rani Hazarika also lent her voice to the song ‘Naina Huve Bawre’ in 2017.
In 2022, Malanga -Sab Se Unchi Yaar Faqeeri hindi song
On 29 March 2021, Rani Hazarika along with singer Jaan Nissar Lone released a romantic song called ‘Rang Rasiya’ based on the festival Holi.
In 2018, she sang the Hindi songs ‘Tu Hai Kahan’ and Dil toot gya.
The song ‘Duchko Japau Jetiya,’ an Assamese language song, was sung by Rani Hazarika.
In 2022, Rani Hazarika sang a Punjabi song called ‘Meri Zindagi.’
Rani Hazarika has also worked as a music director and singer in a Hindi short film called ‘Token’ which was released in 2019.
- Dada Saheb Phalke Excellence Award (2018) for the best versatile singer
- Award of Excellence at Dada Saheb Phalke Film Yatra Awards (2019)
- Won Prestigious Kundanlal Saigal National award at J&K International Film Festival Pune
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Gaurav award 2016 best singer award for the film ‘Welcome Back’
- Kaljai Leera The Soulmate Award for best female singer in 2018
- The Indian Icon Film Awards 2017 for the memorable voice of the year
- Rani Hazarika is fondly called Rani Didi and Rani Bhabhi in Kashmir and Assam.
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- Rani has been performing on stage since she was 3 and a half years old.
- In 2006, When Rani Hazarika was a young bidding singer, her father, Rose Hazarika, offered her a chance to try her luck in Mumbai. According to Rani, her father motivated her to excel in music in Mumbai and in case, and if she couldn’t, she could always come back home (Guwahati), where she was already famous. After moving to Mumbai in 2006, Rani couldn’t find work for three months. She recorded demo audios and promoted them in companies.
- In an interview, Rani Hazarika said,
I left for the Indian Idol auditions (season 3) at 3 am from home. I was confident that I’ll be the first one to be in the line but I was shocked to see that there were already 500-600 people in the line. everybody stood in the line till 3-4 pm and Rani stood there, hungry, with a bottle of water only.
- Rani received a call from a lyricist, named Kumar Ji, at 11:30 pm to appear at the studio. After being totally unaware of the film’s name, she recorded the song ‘Nas Nas Mein’ in 20-25 minutes. She had already sung a song for the same film (Welcome Back) which, due to some reasons, was removed.
- In an interview, Rani Hazarika said that she belongs to the Hazarika dynasty of Assam.
- Rani Hazarika said that she considers Usha Uthup and Jaspinder Narula as her idols.
- Rani’s first live stage performance included songs ‘Udi baba’ and ‘Hari Om Hari’ after which she started receiving opportunities for music shows. Rani Hazarika has performed live in various private events and shows.
- Rani has been featured on the cover of an Assamese magazine.
- Rani Hazarika participated in and anchored various serial title tracks.
- Rani Hazarika won about 20 awards (as of 2022) including The International Khursheed TV award (2012) in Kabul, the Darshnik Mumbai Press Media Awards (2017), 4th Mumbai global achiever awards (2018).