Priyanka Bose is an Indian actress and model. She shot to fame with her Italian film “Gangor,” for which she won the “Best Actress Award” at the New Jersey Independent South Asian Film Festival.
Priyanka Bose was born in the year 1982 (36-year-old; age as in 2018) in Delhi. A graduate in Sociology from the University of Delhi, Bose kicked her acting career off as a theatre artist; and has acted in various plays. She came into the limelight with her debut in the 2010 Italian film “Gangor” in which she played the role of a tribal woman. She went on to win the “Best Actress Award” for her role in her debut movie. Priyanka has acted in Hollywood movies as well.
Height: 5’ 5”
Weight: 54 kg
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Figure Measurements: 33-25-33
Family, Husband & Caste
Priyanka Bose was born in a Hindu Family. Not much information is known about her parents.
She is married to Paresh Kamath, singer and music composer. The couple has a daughter Naiima who was born on 28 January 2009.
Before her stint in acting began, she used to choreograph events. Priyanka Bose started her career as a theatre artist; however, her career in Bollywood started with small roles in “Love Sex aur Dhokha,” “Sorry Bhai!,” “Johnny Gaddar,” and “Guzaarish.”
It was in 2010 that she marked her debut as a lead actor with the Italian film “Gangor.” She played the role of a tribal woman in the film and her performance won critical acclaims. She was awarded the “Best Actress” Award at the New Jersey Independent South Asian Film Festival.
Priyanka caught the eyes of the world when she featured in a commercial for “Tanishq,” in which she, despite having a daughter, remarries. Not only did the commercial went on to gain more than three lakh views on YouTube, but it was also said to be “path-breaking”, “courageous” and “unique.”
In 2013, she acted in the play “Nirbhaya,” which was based on the 2012 Delhi gang rape. The play had various shows in different parts of the world. The play won the hearts of the critics and went on to win the Scotsman Fringe First Award 2013, Herald Angel Award 2013 at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, and the 2013 Amnesty International Freedom of Expression Award.
Next, she acted in the 2013 Bengali film “Shunyo Awnko” in which she shared the screen space with Konkana Sen Sharma.
In 2014, she acted in the Bollywood film “Gulaab Gang,” which also starred Madhuri Dixit and Juhi Chawla.
Thereafter, she went on to act in Jeffery D Brown’s “Sold,” Abhinav Tiwari’s “Oass,” and Devashish Makhija’s “Oonga.”
In 2016, she acted in the Oscar-nominated Hollywood film “Lion.” The film also starred Nicole Kidman, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, and Dev Patel.
In 2016 itself, Priyanka Bose appeared in the Marathi film “Half-Ticket.” The movie was awarded the Ecumenical Jury Award at the 57th Zlin International Film Festival 2017.
In 2018, Bose acted in the film “The MisEducation of Bindu.” She also appeared as one of the leads in the February 2018 release “Ascharyachakit!;” which was inspired by the writings of Saadat Hasan Manto.
She also acted in the English film “Mortal,” which released in 2019. In 2019, she appeared in season 3 of the drama series “The Good Karma Hospital.”
- In 2018, Priyanka Bose leveled allegations of sexual harassment against filmmaker Sajid Khan.
- Priyanka Bose’s hobby includes travelling.
- Since she acts in English films as well, she usually alternates between Mumbai and Los Angeles. Priyanka wants to be a cross-culture actor.
- Apart from being an actor, she is also a producer and owns a production house named “PaapiPet Pictures.”
- Priyanka Bose mentioned in an interview that post the infamous 2012 Delhi gang rape, Nirbhaya, she felt insecure about the well-being of herself, her family, and friends.
- She considers her play “Nirbhaya” the best thing she has ever done in her life.
- The Tanishq commercial in which Priyanka Bose starred has been directed by Gauri Shinde. Interestingly, Gauri Shinde also directed Priyanka’s favourite actress Sridevi’s film “English Vinglish.”
- She resides in a flat in Madh Island, Mumbai.
- For the night of the 89th Academy Awards, Bose wore Vivienne Westwood. She, along with Emma Roberts, was selected to represent actor-environmentalist Suzy Amis Cameron’s eco-friendly campaign, Red Carpet Green Dress.
- She revealed that she has spent more hours talking to Hollywood A-listers than the actors from Bollywood.
- It took nearly 16 hours to finalize Priyanka Bose’s look in “Ashcharyachakit!.”