Naman Mathur (Soul Mortal) is a popular Indian gaming streamer. As of August 2021, he has 6.8 million subscribers on his YouTube channel ‘MortaL.’
Naman Sandeep Mathur was born on Wednesday, 22 May 1996 (age 25 years; as of 2021) in Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra. His zodiac sign is Gemini. He did his schooling at Fr. Agnel Multipurpose School, Mumbai.
Later, he pursued B.Com from SIES College of Arts, Science & Commerce, Mumbai.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
His father, Sandeep Mathur, passed away when he was only 4 years old. His mother’s name is Kavita Mathur. His elder brother, Abhinav Mathur (popular as DJ Solo), is a musician and DJ.
Reportedly, he is in a relationship with the PubG mobile streamer Paridhi Kullar.
Since his childhood, he was fond of playing various e-sports and video games like Contra, Mario, and Dangerous Dave. He then developed an interest in other video games like San Andreas, Counter-Strike, and GTA. While he was pursuing his graduation, he started playing multiplayer games like Fortnite and Mini Militia. While playing games, he developed a good friendship with other e-sports players. He then started his gaming channel on YouTube named ‘Bolshcak’ (in 2016), where he used to live stream the “Mini Militia” game almost every day. Initially, he failed to get subscribers on his YouTube channel, but he continued uploading videos of live streaming on a regular basis. With the launch of the PubG mobile version in India on 9 February 2018, he started live-streaming the PubG game, and he gained immense popularity with the game on his YouTube channel.
Naman played the PubG game with the username ‘Soul Mortal,’ which later became popular in the world of PubG India streamers. Later, the Indian businessman and online gamer Animesh Agarwal popularly known as ‘8Bit Thug’ approached him with a business deal. The deal turned out to be beneficial for Naman as Animesh helped him reach new heights of success. In an interview, Naman said that Animesh had been a great business partner and was like a brother to him. With the help of Animesh, Naman set up various competitions in online gaming and later formed a pro PubG clan with the name ‘Soul Clan’ or ‘Soul Team,’ along with the players like Soul Mortal, Soul Viper, Soul Owais, and Soul Ronak. Soul Clan won the PMCO India Regionals match in 2019, and then they were qualified to play in the finals of the PubG Mobile Club Open Fall Split in 2019. They became South Asia’s top-scoring team and finished in the second position in the match.
Later, Naman became one of the most popular PubG streamers in India, and he has represented India in PubG matches at the international level. Naman Mathur and his friends gained immense fame through their gaming matches on e-sports and PubG mobile. Along with the live streaming games, he uploaded various videos on his YouTube channel related to the live games. His video “Every PUBG Player Will Watch This Ending” gained immense popularity on YouTube, and he had millions of views within a few days of uploading it. Naman’s team ‘Soul Clan’ performed well for a year, but slowly, their performance started declining. After their defeat at the international tournament PMCO 2019, their friendship got affected, and the ‘Soul Team’ members started blaming each other for their poor performance.
Naman’s team members Owais and Ronak even blamed Naman that he was focusing on streaming, which resulted in their poor performance at the international level. Later, Naman decided to take a break from competitive tournaments and focus only on live streaming, which affected the morale of the team. ‘Soul Clan’ members continued playing PubG tournaments by adding one more member ScoutOP to the team, but they failed to do well in the competitions. As a result, Owais and Ronak left the clan and joined another clan with the name ‘Orange Rock’ (OR). Soul Viper stuck to the team ‘Soul Clan’ as he had a good friendship with Soul Mortal. Later, Naman (Soul Mortal) and Soul Viper reformed their team with two new members RegalTos and ClutchGod. Naman’s clan started performing well and won various PubG competitions. As of August 2021, he has 6.3 million subscribers on his YouTube channel ‘MortaL.’
Awards & Achievements
- 2019: Winner of PubG Mobile India Series
- 2019: Winner of PMCO India Regionals
- 2021: E-Sports Award for the best streamer of the year
- 2021: 30 Under 30 Young Achievers by Hindustan Times
- After completing his graduation, he wanted to pursue LLB and CS.
- After the demise of his father, his family had to face major financial problems, and his mother started tiffin services to meet the financial expenses.
- He stood 2nd in the PubG Mobile Fall Split India (2019) and won prize money of $30,000, and he donated all the money to the Indian Army.
- In 2020, Naman was featured in a YouTube video “Be YouNick Vlogs: Most Expensive Chicken Dinner!”
- During the promotional events of various Hindi films, he met famous Indian actors like Vicky Kaushal, Manoj Bajpayee, and Tiger Shroff.
- He has collaborated in gaming with many popular Indian gamers like ScoutOp and Dynamo Gaming.
- On 16 March 2020, a challenge match between Soul Mortal and the famous Indian YouTuber CarryMinati made a record by having more than 385K live audience connected to the game.
- Naman is an avid animal lover and has a pet dog named CD.
- Once he was spotted smoking while live streaming.