Kshitij Patwardhan is an Indian screenwriter, lyricist, playwright, and publisher. He is known for his work in Marathi cinema.
Kshitij Patwardhan was born on Friday, 11 January 1985 (age 38 years; as of 2023) in Pune, Maharashtra. His zodiac sign is Capricorn. Kshitij completed his schooling at Bharat Marathi Vidyalaya and Abhinav Marathi Vidyalaya in Pune. Kshitij holds a Bachelor of Computer Science and Master of Communication and Journalism degrees.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information about his parents and siblings.
Wife & Children
He is married to Pallavi Patwardhan. There is not much information about wife and children.
He wrote his first film ‘Aaghat’ (2010) in the Marathi language with Sameer Vidwans. He has also written romantic comedies such as ‘Time Please’ (2013), ‘Lagna Pahave Karun’ (2013), and ‘Timepass 2’ (2015). Kshitij penned the first Marathi teenage detective film named ‘Faster Fene’ in 2017.
The film ‘YZ’ (2015) written by him was praised by the critics. In 2020, Kshitij wrote the script for the film ‘Dhurala’ which revolves around the story of the gram panchayat elections in a small village in Maharashtra.
Kshitij has written the lyrics for many songs including ‘Rubab Pahije’ from the film ‘Half Ticket,’ Man Shevantiche Phool’ from the film ‘Baapjanma,’ ‘Mohini’ from the film ‘Double Seat,’ ‘Awaz Vadhav DJ’ from the film ‘Poshter Girl,’ and ‘Dhaga Dhaga’ from the film ‘Daagdi.’ He wrote the song ‘Phisal Jaa Tu’ from the Bollywood film ‘Haseen Dillruba’ in 2021.
Kshitij started his career by writing jingles for various advertisements. He has worked as a copywriter and consultant for top companies such as Star Sports, John Deere Tractors, Lokmat, Sakal, Saraswat Bank, etc. He has written campaigns for well-known Marathi brands. He created advertisements for the Pro Kabaddi League in 2015 and 2017.
Nava Gadi Nava Rajya (2022) and Donn Special (2015) are two of his ground-breaking plays. These plays have completed over 700 shows and have received over fifty prizes.
Kshitij published the illustrative Marathi novel ‘Darya’ in 2017 along with his brother Vikram Patwardhan.
Kshitij Patwardhan has written lyrics for two popular web shows, ‘Ek Thi Begum’ (2020) and ‘Once A Year’ (2019). He created the famous YouTube series ‘Wagh Cha Swag’ performed by Marathi actor Amey Wagh.
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- In 2011, Kshitij was named the best playwright by the Marathi International Film and Theatre Awards.
- In 2015, he received the Zee Award for the best theatre director.
- In 2018, Kshitij received a Filmfare award for best screenplay for his film ‘Faster Fene.’
- In 2019, he was awarded the Sakal Premier award for the best lyrics.
- In 2021, he was honored with the Filmfare Award for the best lyricist.
- Food: Gulkhan bun maska with filter coffee
- While studying in school, he participated in various interschool writing competitions and won many prizes.
- Kshitij Patwardhan’s first Hindi film as a writer is ‘Happy Teacher’s Day’ (2021). In an interview, he said,
This is my first writer’s role in Hindi and I am thankful and grateful for it. It came through common friends. Mikhil, Parinda Joshi and Anu Singh Chaudhary formed a writers room together and completely rediscovered the subject, story, screenplay and dialogues. It has been a great foundation for my writing in Hindi.”
- He earned a ‘United Nations Population Fund’ and ‘Laadli National Award for Creative Excellence for Social Change for copywriting a print advertisement about stopping sex selection’ while working with Setu Advertising in Pune. He earned this award again for the Hindi song he wrote.
- He has a YouTube channel named ‘Writer First’ which is dedicated to writers, lyricists, and poets.
- Kshitij enjoys sitting under a huge tree with a cup of coffee and conversing with someone.