Kenneth Mathew Sebastian, better known as Kenny Sebastian, is an Indian stand-up comedian, musician, and filmmaker. He came into the limelight through a YouTube channel that broadcasted the clips of his stand up comedy shows.
Kenny Sebastian was born on Tuesday, 31 December 1991 (age 28 years; as in 2019) in Kerala. His zodiac sign is Capricorn.
Kenny grew up in different parts of India as his father was an Indian Navy Personnel. His family got settled in Bangalore after his father’s retirement. He did his schooling from Kendriya Vidyalaya, NAL Campus, Bengaluru and went to Chitrakala Parishath, Karnataka to pursue Bachelor in Visual Arts. Kenny was an extremely naughty child. He had a deep interest in film direction from a very young age. He started making his own films when he was just 15 years old. At that time, Kenny didn’t own a camera, so he borrowed it from one of his friends’ and started shooting films. While in college, Kenny joined theatre and did it for many years.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
Kenny Sebastian belongs to a Christian Family. His father, Sebastian Chacko is a former Indian Navy Personnel. Not much is known about his mother. He has a brother Kevin James Sebastian.
Kenny Sebastian started his career by making short films. By the age of 23, he had directed 12 short films and 2 feature films. In 2008, he created his YouTube Channel “Kenny Sebastian” and released his first video “9 Hours To Live.” He first made parodies and covered popular songs and slowly gained followers.
In 2014, he wrote and directed a season of “The Living Room,” India’s first sketch comedy television show. Kenny started making songs from tweets, popularly known as #KennySing4Me. This gained him initial popularity. He has also created an improved sketch show for “Comedy Central.”
He co-wrote and acted in the web series “Star Boyz.” He has made special appearances in the web series like “Humorously Yours,” “Better Life Foundation,” “Son Of Abish,” and “Pushpavalli.” He has an original series “Die Trying” and a sketch comedy show “Sketchy Behaviour” on Amazon Prime Video.
Sebastian has established his own production studio “SuperHuman Studioz,” where he produces the content for his YouTube Channel. Kenny hosts a monthly live video blog “Chai Time Comedy With Kenny Sebastian” in which he holds an interactive chat programme with people. On the show, he also delivers humorous observations about routine events.
He has directed Comedy Specials and is one of the jury members of “Comicstaan,” a comedy hunt reality show on Amazon Prime. Kenny performs for popular comedy clubs like “The Canvas Laugh Club” and “The Comedy Store.” He is associated with “The Polished Bottoms,” a Bangalore based comedy group. Kenny is also a part of ‘The Improvisers,’ a group of four comedians which includes Kanan Gill, Kenny Sebastian, Kaneez Surkha, and Abish Matthew.
In January 2017, he started a cross-country global tour with his show “Don’t Be That Guy.” Until 2019, Kenny had done over 500 shows and has performed along with many popular comedians like Vir Das, Phil Nichol(UK), Raj Sharma (US, HBO), Imran Yusuf (UK), and Tanmay Bhat of AIB.
- Stand-up Comedians: Jerry Seinfeld, Louis Ck, Dave Chapelle
- Book: “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” by Stephen R. Covey
- His hobbies include music production, painting, performing arts, playing basketball, dancing, reading, doing photography, performing live music, and travelling.
- He loves riding bikes.
- Kenny has toured different countries with the popular American stand-up comedian, Scott Capurro.
- He is fluent in English, Hindi, Malayalam, and Kannada.
- Sebastian is colour blind.
- He did his first stage show at the age of 19. Kenny had participated in a stand-up comedy competition at the IIT fest in Mumbai and eventually won it.
- Kenny is managed by Only Much Louder (OML), one of the leading artist management companies in India.
- During an interview, Kenny revealed that he had a knack of cooking up creative stories from a very young age. While sharing one such incident, he said,
when I was in Class 1, my teacher asked me for my homework book. I confidently said – Madam, I would love to give you my homework but for some reason, my father has taken all my books to his office. So I don’t have it with me right now. My teacher was so impressed with such a unique answer that she called up my mom and told her what I had said. My mom and dad still talk about it.”
- Before becoming a stand-up comedian, Kenny had tried to become a musician. He played music in restaurants for months. Kenny also released an album which remained unsold. Talking about it, he says,
I still have 200 to 300 CDs in my house to remind me of this fact.”
- Surprisingly, the comedian who steals the show with such ease once had the stage fright. Talking about the same, he says,
I had stage fright in school. My first memory of getting cold feet on stage was when I was in the fifth or sixth grade. I felt paralyzed and just couldn’t move. I don’t know why, but for some reason, I always wanted to be on the stage. And I used to get frustrated seeing other kids do it with such ease. So, from sixth to eleventh grade, my goal was to get over the stage fright and for that, I read a bunch of books on how to overcome it. After years of trying hard, finally, in the 11th grade, I had the courage to give a speech on stage.”
- Kenny started making money when he was in Class 11 and he became financially independent by the time he reached his first year in college. After completing his graduation, Kenny started earning more than a lakh a month just by doing freelance corporate films.
- He is an avid dog lover and often shares his pictures with them through his Instagram handle.