Jyotsana Paatni is an Indian journalist who works as a news anchor at India TV.
Jyotsana Paatni was born on July 7 and hails from Tanakpur, Uttarakhand, India. She did her schooling from St. Francis High School, Tanakpur, and a bachelor’s degree in mass communication & media studies from Chitkara University, Chandigarh (2010-2013). Later, she went on to pursue her masters degree in communication and journalism from Osmania University, Hyderabad (2014-2016).
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Jyotsana Paatni’s father, Laxman Paatni, works at the Cricket Association of Uttarakhand. Her mother’s name is Manju Paatni. She has two brothers Pavnesh Paatni and Gawnesh Paatni.
Relationships, Husband & Children
Jyotsana Paatni is married to Rohit Badyal who is a military personnel. She has no children (as in 2020).
Jyotsana Paatni started off as a freelance journalist for the newspaper ‘The Times of India.’ Thereafter, she was a trainee at NDTV, New Delhi. Then she worked as an assistant producer at Day & Night News (2013-2014). She has also worked as a news anchor with Network 18 ETV (2014-2017). In August 2017, she started working as a News Anchor cum correspondent at India TV.
- In a podcast, Jyotsana said that she engaged herself in the backend production and editing work during her college days, rather than being on camera. But to her utter surprise, when she started working with news channels, she was offered the job of an anchor. Also, during the podcast, she revealed that is the youngest national news anchor.
- During the podcast, she also revealed that Disha Patni, a famous Bollywood celebrity, is her cousin. During their childhood days, Jyotsana and Disha used to spend their summer vacations together at their grandparents’ house. While she was sharing her childhood memories with Disha, she said,
Disha’s eldest sister, Khushboo di used to be our gang leader. Disha and I used to follow her instructions.”
- Jyotsana was a national-level player of long jump and high jump, as well as a state-level player of boxing. During her school days, her friends were of the opinion that she might pursue a career in sports or join the army. But Jyotsana’s stereotypical ‘Indian mother’ was scared that she might scar her face while boxing, and thereafter, will face difficulty in getting marriage proposals.
- She loves to travel and actively takes part in adventure sports.
- She is a pet lover and loves spending time with her pet dog, whom she refers to as ‘babe’ on her social media accounts.
- Apart from being well-versed in English And Hindi, Jyotsana can also speak Pahari languages, one of them being Kumaoni.
- She is a fitness enthusiast and possesses a sporty looking body. Not only does she perform yoga on regular basis, but also tries to achieve perfection in it. ‘Sheershasan’ (Headstand pose) is her favourite Asana.