Cwaayal Singh is an Indian actor, model, and theatre artist who rose to fame after he appeared in the Indian Hindi-language crime drama thriller TV series ‘Class’ (2023), adapted by Ashim Ahluwalia from a Spanish series titled Elite on Netflix. Singh has also appeared in several television and print advertisements.
Cwaayal Singh was born on 22 July in Nainital, Uttarakhand. His zodiac sign is Cancer. From 2007 to 2010, he attended Nalanda Sr. Sec. Residential School in Kishanpur, Uttarakhand. He did his graduation from Delhi.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Weight (approx.): 65 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest: 40 inches, Waist: 28 inches, Biceps: 14 inches
For the Netflix series Class (2023), the actor transformed his physique in 6 months, which was perfectly suited to the role of Balli. He consumed only chicken and broccoli as a part of his diet for two years (2020-2022).
Parents & Siblings
Cwaayal Singh’s father and brother both are Indian army personnels.
He is unmarried.
Cwaayal Singh also performed in various street plays, and theatre plays including 100 gram Zindagi and Chitt Main Jeeta Patt Tu Haara.
In 2023, he made his OTT debut with a crime drama thriller series titled Class in which he played the role of Balli Sehrawat. In this series, Cwaayal shared the screen with emerging actors Anjali Sivaraman, Gurfateh Singh Pirzada, Piyush Khati, and Suparna Moitra.
In 2020, he appeared in a Hindi short film titled Midnight Delivery, which was directed by Krishan Pandey.
Singh has worked in several TV commercials and print advertisements for popular brands including Fastrack, Dabur, Max Fashion, cult.fit, and Frito-Lay.
- While he was studying in school, he was an NCC cadet.
- Singh has worked for three years in theatre.
- He follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- Cwaayal Singh is fond of swanky bikes.
- Cwaayal likes to dance and he often posts dance videos on social media.
- In an interview, Cwaayal revealed that he loved eating paranthas.
- In an Instagram post, Cwaayal shared that he got the role of Balli in the TV show Class during the COVID-19 lockdown in 2020 and also said,
I was out of shape, lazy, confused and scared just like we all were. My agency asked me to audition for this role, I took one day to prepare and since I am not from Delhi or Haryana and this was a character requiring a Haryanvi accent, I called a friend of mine to get well versed with the accent and after 5-6 trial tests and some patience, I got a call from production 3-4 months later and they said- WELCOME ABOARD BALLI!”
- In an interview, while talking about how he felt after reading the contract for the TV show Class (2023), Cwaayal laughed and said,
They informed me of the intimate scenes and asked me to read the contract and give them an answer and I was like arre yaar yeh bhi hai ?!”
- To get into the role of Balli Sehrawat in the TV show Class (2023), Cwaayal had to work on the required Haryanvi accent and learnt Delhi slangs to get into the character’s vibe.
- During the shooting of the TV show Class (2023), Cwaayal contracted the Coronavirus twice and also suffered a bout of dengue.
- Cwaayal Singh is a fitness enthusiast and often shares his fitness regimen on social media.