Bessie Carter is an English actress known for her works in the television series, Howards End (2017), Beecham House (2019), and Bridgerton (2020).
Bessie Carter was born on Monday, October 25, 1993 (age 26 years; as in 2019), in London, England, UK. Her zodiac sign is Scorpio.
She did her early schooling from a Francis Holland School, and later, moved to Camden School for Girls, London, from where she did her high school graduation. She studied drama at Guildhall School of Music and Drama, London.
Height: 5’ 10”
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Brown
Family & Ethnicity
She is the daughter of the famous English actors, Imelda Staunton, CBE (Best known for her role of ‘Dolores Jane Umbridge’ in the Harry Potter series), and Jim Carter, OBE.
She is a lesbian, and her girlfriend’s name is Leonie Benesch.
In 2007, she made her acting debut with the series, Cranford as ‘Margaret Gidman’ alongside her parents, Imelda Staunton and Jim Carter, who played the roles of ‘Captain Brown’ and ‘Miss Octavia Pole,’ respectively.
She made her breakthrough with the role of ‘Evie Wilcox’ in the TV series, Hogwards End (2017).
She has also acted in the TV series, Doc Martin (2017), Beecham House (2019), and Bridgerton (2020). In 2012, she made her film debut with Les Misérables as ‘Ensemble Factory Woman.’
She has also acted in the films, Oil (2018), The Good Liar (2019), Two (2020), and Emerge (2020). She made her theatrical debut with ‘The Secret Rapture’ (2015) with the role of ‘Marion’ at Guildhall School of Music and Drama.
She has acted in the theater plays, Lulu (2015), King Lear (2016), Baskerville (2018), and All My Sons (2019).
- She likes reading plays and traveling; she also takes interest in cricket and horse riding.
- She was passionate about acting since her childhood and also used to participate in her school plays.
- In 2016, she became the winner of the Spotlight Prize for Best Screen Actor.
- She disliked going to school and almost wanted to drop out of school, but her father insisted on her going to school and completing basic education. Talking about her schooling, she said,
I just school in general. I was like ‘why am I sitting in school doing things I don’t like, when I know exactly what I want to do?’. At 16 I was going to drop out of school, my mum was all for it, but my dad said that I should finish because I would regret it if I dropped out. I had an agent from the age of 13 and had done 2 telly jobs whilst at school, mainly to get out of school, and not because of the acting.
- After graduating high school, she took a year off from studies and worked as an assistant stage manager, and stage manager; at the same time, she also focused on traveling. After she returned, she joined a drama school.