Akanksha Dubey was an Indian actress, social media celebrity, and dancer who is famous in the Bhojpuri entertainment industry.
Akanksha Dubey, whose nickname was Akku, was born on Monday, 21 October 1997 (age 25 years; as of 2022) in Vindhyachal, Mirzapur (Uttar Pradesh). Her zodiac sign is Libra. Akanksha along with her family moved to Mumbai when she was just 3 years old. She became interested in acting and dancing when she was a child and wanted to be an actor. She completed her graduation (BA) from Mumbai University.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Weight (approx.): 60 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): 34-30-34
Parents & Siblings
Her father, Chhote Lal Dubey, is a contractor in a flour mill and her mother, Madhu Dubey is a housewife.
She has two brothers; the elder is named Hari Om Dubey and the younger is named Aditya Dubey.
Husband & Children
Aanksha Dubey was unmarried.
She was dating the Bhojpuri singer, actor, and content creator, Samar Singh.
She followed Hinduism.
Social Media Influencer
Akanksha Dubey commenced her acting career by frequently sharing her dance and acting videos on TikTok and Instagram. Her videos gained widespread popularity, leading to a surge in her social media followers.
She also has a YouTube channel where she posts her shorts and vlogs.
After making a cameo appearance in the 2019 star-studded Bhojpuri film “Meri Jung Mera Faisla,” which was her debut movie, she was selected for the lead role in the 2021 Bhojpuri movie “Mujhse Shaadi Karogi”.
She has since starred in lead roles in films like “Saajan” and “Apradh.” Other notable movies featuring her include “Veero Ke Veer,” “The Fighting King,” “Dabang Sarkar,” “Rocky Handsome,” and “Kasam Paida Karne Wale Ki 2.”
Akanksha Dubey has gained significant recognition for her appearances in numerous Bhojpuri music videos such as “Kamar Ek Number,” “Raja Jawan Hum Laika,” and “Kamariya.”
She has also made an appearance in the TV series on Zee 5 called Ghar Ki Lakshmi Betiyann.
She had an MG Hector.
- She had a heartbeat tattoo on the upper part of her chest.
- She had a huge feather tattoo that starts from her wrist and goes to the side of her arm.
- She also had an undisclosed text tattoo on the nape of her neck.
On Sunday, March 26, 2023, the Bhojpuri actress committed suicide at a hotel in Banaras. The actress hanged herself in one of the rooms of Hotel Sarnath. The actress was all set for her new film ‘Nayak’. The same day around 9 am when her makeup boy went to call her at her hotel, she was found dead in the room. A close source confirmed that Samar Singh‘s phone has been switched off since the morning however he came to social media hours after to post a “RIP” picture.
She was seen crying in an Instagram feed the late night before she committed suicide.
Bhojpuri actress Akanksha Dubey committed suicide in a hotel in Banaras..
Last night live video viral on #socialmedia..#Varanasi #Bhojpuri #AkankshaDubey #akankshadubey #viral #viralnews #Sarnath #bhojpuriactress #bhojpuri #varanasipolice #Varanasi #UPPolice pic.twitter.com/ZOPCOJT5YJ
— Siraj Noorani (@sirajnoorani) March 26, 2023
Quote: “Never Give Up”
- Her family wanted her to choose civil services (IPS Officer) for her career but Akanksha wanted to be an actor.
- Aanksha liked to travel and used to post a lot of travel pictures.
- She was an animal lover and used to love dogs.
- She has done many brand endorsements on her social media pages including Cadiveu Essentials (a hair care brand.)
- The Bhojpuri actress was a kid lover and had multiple pictures of herself posing with some kids.
- Akanksha often used to post pictures of herself crying and her captions revealed that she was suffering from depression due to mistrust and heartbreak.
- Hours before committing suicide she posted a video on her social media profile where she was seen belly dancing to the Bhojpuri song “Hilore Mare.”
- Her last song, Yeh Aara Kabhi Hara Nahi, which was released a few hours before her suicide got millions of views just after 5 hours of the news.
- Her last movie to be released that she completed before her suicide was ‘Mitti.’
- Her mother, Madhu Dubey, gave a statement where she blamed Samar and his brother Sanjay Singh for the suicide of her daughter. In an interview, she said that she did not get paid and Samar even threatened to kill her.
UP | Bhojpuri actress (Akanksha Dubey) died by suicide in a hotel. She came from a party on the night of death. There are a few videos of her on Instagram where she was upset & crying.The door was locked from inside, there is no foul play: Santosh Singh, Addl CP, Varanasi (27/03) pic.twitter.com/OzgJeMJ36p
— ANI (@ANI) March 28, 2023
- Although Akanksha was not a regular drunkard, she used to drink alcoholic beverages on several occasions, especially while partying with her friends.