Aarya Walvekar is an Indian American theatre artist. On 30 June 2022, she hit the headlines after she was crowned Miss India USA at the annual pageant held in New Jersey.
Aarya Walvekar was born in 2004 (age 18 years; as of 2022) in Virginia, USA. In 2022, she was a Senior at Briar Woods High School in Virginia.
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Her father’s name is Abhijit Walvekar. She has a younger sister.
She is not married.
Reportedly, Aarya Walvekar started participating in school and community theatre as an actor during her initial school days. Later, she began working voluntarily as a Director of some theatre plays for local kids.
She is an accomplished dancer and is the founder of the Euphoria Dance Studio in Virginia. At her dance school, she provides dance classes to the local children at affordable prices. She received her dance training at Creative Dance Center. She participated in the Falcons Got Talent dance competition in February 2022.
Aarya Walvekar regularly delivers motivational speeches at TEDx. According to a website, TEDx Youth Briar Woods, Aarya Walvekar is a part of the ‘Mental Health and Body Positivity Heath at Every Size Movement.’ It also mentions that she is associated with the topic “Rethinking ‘Healthy’ at TEDx for public speaking and often organises various mental well-being awareness campaigns in the USA.
- Her full name is Aarya Abhijit Walvekar.
- Aarya Walvekar regularly shares her pictures and videos with her followers on social media. She is an active Instagram user and has over 1k followers on it. On 30 June 2022, she posted some pictures of the 2022 pageant on social media along with a note which read,
Honored to be your Miss India DMV (DC, Maryland, Virginia) 2022.”
- Aarya Walvekar likes eating pizza regularly.
- In a media interview after winning the Miss India USA title, Aarya Walvekar said that she aspired to become an actress since childhood. She said,
It has been my childhood dream to see myself on the silver screen and work in films and TV.”
- Reportedly, exploring distant places and debating on intellectual topics are her favourite pastime activities. She regularly practises yoga and cooks food for her family members. According to her, she likes spending time with her friends and family, especially with her younger sister.