Savi Sharma is an Indian novelist. She achieved a literary milestone of selling 1 lac copies of her debut novel in just 100 days. Her genre of writing mainly lies in romance, fiction, and inspiration.
Savi Sharma was born on Sunday, 18 July 1993 (age 29 years; as of May 2022) in Bahal, Bhiwani, Haryana. Her zodiac sign is cancer. Till 3rd standard she studied at BRCM Gyankunj, Bahal and after that moved to Surat to complete her schooling. She pursued a Bachelor of Commerce at a university in Surat. She then started studying Charted Accountancy and left it midway to pursue her passion for writing.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Weight (approx.): 50 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Savi belongs to a Haryanvi Brahmin family.
Parents & Siblings
Savi’s father’s name is Manoj Sharma, and her mother’s name is Manju.
Husband & Children
Savi got married to Ashish Bagrecha in June 2019. He is also an author and a motivational speaker. Together they have a daughter, Ashvi, born on 5 June 2021.
Savi follows Hinduism.
Savi wrote her debut novel, Everyone Has a Story, at 23. She self-published her first novel with Thompson Press in 2015. After its overnight success, Westland Publication picked it up and republished it. It created a milestone of selling over 1 lac copies in 100 days and made her the most successful self-published author.
She then wrote a sequel of Everyone Has a Story and titled it Everyone Has a Story -2. In an interview, she revealed that it was social media that helped her connect with her readers, and her self-publishing idea got successful. She spoke about it in an interview and said,
What a big publishing house does is to help your book get to the tier-2 and tier-3 city readers. I love talking to the youth though. Whenever someone reads a story, they would want an outlet to share their thoughts later. My travelling and social media interactions revolve around them.”
From 2015 to 2023, she wrote around 5 novels, This is Not Your Story, Stories We Never Tell, and Mr Lover, etc. Audible, an American online audiobook and podcast service, has converted her books into audiobooks.
She is also a motivational speaker and has spoken at several universities and conferences. In an interview, on getting the tag of a celebrity author, she said,
Tags don’t really matter to me; they are given by others, you cannot call yourself a celebrity. What people are making me is their department. I just know I want to write stories, inspire people and do whatever I can to spread positivity and motivate others.”
- Bill Gates Of CA Profession Award by ICAI (Indian Institute of Charted Accountants) in 2017
- Icon Of The Year Award – Woman Author in 2017
- ‘Everyone Has a Story’ was on Nielsen’s top ten for 24 weeks.
- Savi used to contribute to her school magazine ‘Abhisarg.’
- Savi has translated her novels into Hindi, Bengali, Marathi, Telugu, and Gujarati.
- Savi has a dog named Pablo.
- She is inspired by Paulo Coelho’s The Alchemist.
- Savi loves to travel. Her social media reveals that she is a hodophile (a person who loves to travel).
- Savi, along with her husband Ashish, runs a blog titled ‘Life and People,’ where they write about love, friendship, positivity, travel, etc.