Rohit Shekhar Tiwari was a politician and son of the veteran politician, Late N. D. Tiwari. He became famous after he filed a paternity suit against N. D. Tiwari claiming himself as his biological son.
Rohit Shekhar Tiwari was born as ‘Rohit Shekhar Sharma’ in the year 1979 (age 39 years; at the time of death) in Delhi.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Wife
His father, N. D. Tiwari was a politician. His mother, Ujjwala Tiwari, is a former Sanskrit lecturer of Delhi University.
His step-father’s name is B. L. Sharma. He had a step-brother named Siddharth. His maternal grandfather’s name is Sher Singh. His nanny’s name is Jozie. He got married to Apoorva Shukla (maiden name), an advocate.
Paternity Battle With N. D. Tiwari
Ujjawala Tiwari was in a relationship with N. D. Tiwari since the late 1970s. Tiwari was married to Sushila Tiwari (died in 1991) at that time and Ujjwala had already been separated with Bipin Sharma. Ujjwala got pregnant with Tiwari’s child in the late 1970s. The child was Rohit Shekhar. However, Tiwari didn’t acknowledge Rohit as his son.
Both mother and son tried to contact Tiwari several times but were stopped from meeting him. After several unsuccessful attempts to reach out N. D. Tiwari, Rohit finally decided to file a paternity suit against N. D. Tiwari in 2007. He filed the suit in 2008; claiming himself to be his biological son. Almost after six years of a legal fight, the Delhi High Court announced Rohit as Tiwari’s biological son based on the DNA test.
Rohit Shekhar died on 16 April 2019. He was murdered by his wife Apoorva Shukla, who strangulated and smothered him to death.
- Tennis Player: Roger Federer
- In 1995, he and his mother, Ujjwala tried to reach Tiwari but were stopped by Tiwari’s security guard at the gate.
- Soon after filing the case against his father, Rohit suffered a ‘heart attack’ and ‘cerebral stoke’ because of which, he remained paralysed for a year.
- In 2010, Rohit’s legal father, Bipin Sharma decided to give his DNA samples to the court, when Tiwari was opposing to do so. However, Ujjwala had already been separated from Bipin when Rohit was born. Eventually, after the DNA results were out, it was proved that Bipin Sharma was not the biological father of Rohit.
- On 15 May 2014, Ujjwala and Tiwari got married in a wedding ceremony that took place in Lucknow.
- Apart from his mother, he was raised by his nanny, Jozie.
- He loved music and have received training in Indian classical music from Gandharva Mahavidyalaya, New Delhi.
- Though his father was a Congressman, Rohit joined BJP.
- According to the reports, Apoorva and Rohit fought because of the issue related to Rohit’s woman friend and property matters. The fight got physical that led Apoorva to strangle him to death in a fit of rage.