Radhika Beriwala is an All India Rank 1 holder in the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India July 2021 examination. The second and third rank holders were Nitin Jain from Khatauli, Uttar Pradesh and Nivedita N from Chennai respectively.
Radhika Chauthmal Beriwala was born in Surat, Gujarat, India. Her real age has been a matter of controversy. According to some sources, she was born in the year 2003 (19 years old; age as of 2022) whereas some other sources say that the CA topper was born in the year 2000 (22 years old; age as of 2022). She attended CBSE school Agrawal Vidya Vihar for her primary and secondary education. Later, she got herself enrolled at the SDJ International College, Ahmedabad, Gujarat to earn a bachelor’s degree in commerce.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Radhika was born in a middle class family of Surat, Gujarat, India. Her father’s name is Chauthmal Beriwala and he is a textile trader. Radhika’s mother name is Asha Beriwala and she is a homemaker.
The CA topper also has a younger brother in her family. His name is Ansu and he also cleared the same examination on the same day as of her sister.
CA Exam Preparations & Result
Radhika Beriwala was an extraordinary student since childhood who used to top in every exam. She opted to pursue her secondary education in Commerce stream and simultaneously she stated preparing for chartered accountancy exams. Amid the Covid 19 pandemic, she had to attended online classes which caused huge hindrance in her preparations but it also gave her the opportunity to have more time for her studying schedule. Talking about her schedule, she revealed that she used to study for the weekdays and did revisions on weekends. In an interview, she revealed that she used to call her teacher after every online lecture to sort out her doubts. She said,
In the offline classes, we can raise our doubts before the coaching faculty members but online classes are marred by connectivity issues. Another major issue is the mobile screen is too small and does not help us concentrate well.”
ICAI CA Final and Foundation results for December 2021 exam were announced on 11 February 2022. Radhika Beriwala secured an All India Rank 1 leaving behind 95,213 candidates that took admission from the new course of CA Final and 32,888 from the old course of CA Finals. She topped the exam with the highest score of 640 out of 800. Soon after the results were declared, the CA finals topper was flooded with phone calls, and she had several interviews with media persons. When asked about her exam preparation schedule and tricks, she said,
Though the mock test was quite important to crack any entrance exam, but, I only attempted two mock tests before the exam. But, solving the previous year papers really boosted my preparation and helped me to shine in the management entrance.”
Radhika Beriwala believes her family to be the reason of her achievement. During an interview, she said,
With God’s grace and my family’s support, I secured the first rank in CA finals. My parents are happier than me as their dream of seeing me on top of the list came true.”
- Radhika Beriwala scored a total of 96 per cent marks in Class 12 and 80 per cent marks in her graduation.
- She did her CA preparatios under the mentorship of CA Chhavchharia, who runs a private coaching center named ‘CA Chhavchharia Coaching Institute’ in Surat.
- After clearing the CA examinations, the topper aspires to pursue a MBA finance in a reputed institute like the IIM. She has already began her preparations to crack CAT examination next. According to Radhika Beriwala, a combination of CA and MBA is the need to provide best services to the consumers. She narrated her vision as,
Grow, strategise finance and combined with business management, it can help guide clients in a better way. Nowadays, people are looking at a combination of CA and MBA as they do not want to restrict themselves in accountancy but want to do management consultancy as well.”
- Radhika Beriwala was attending a wedding with her family in Mukundgarh, Rajasthan while the ICAI CA final exam result for December 2021 exam were announced. Radhika Beriwala and her brother, Ansu Beriwala, both cleared the exam on the same day and gave a reason to the family to celebrate.
- When Beriwala was asked what piece of advise she would like to give to other aspirants, she said,
My advice for the next batch of examinees is to keep studying with fun and confidence. CA studies aren’t actually very tough, it is lengthy and that calls for proper revisions. Though the mock test was quite important to crack any entrance exam, but, I only attempted two mock tests before the exam. But, solving the previous year papers really boosted my preparation and helped me to shine in the management entrance.”