Diana Hayden is an Indian model and actress. She is the third woman to bring the Miss World crown to India in 1997.
Diana Hayden was born on Tuesday, 1 May 1973 (age 50 years; as of 2023) in Hyderabad, India. Her zodiac sign is Taurus. Diana Hayden went to St. Ann’s High School, Secunderabad for her primary education. She got herself enrolled in the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, UK to pursue a bachelor’s degree in Art and Drama.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Brown
Parents & Siblings
Diana Hayden was born in an Anglo-Indian family. Nothing much is known about her family.
Relationships, Husband & Children
Diana Hayden got married to Collin Dick, an American businessman, from Nevada on 13 September 2013. Diana met Collin in London as a tenant for her apartment. Later they fell in love with each other and married at a private ceremony in Las Vegas.
Diana, at the age of 32 learnt about the endometriosis technique and she started to freeze her eggs for her future. in 2016, she gave birth to a baby girl with one of her frozen eggs. This technique proved to be successful for her and again in 2018, she gave birth to two twins, a girl and a boy using the same technique.
Diana Hayden started her career in 1997 by participating in Miss India 1997 pageant and ended up winning the pageant. After winning the Miss India 1997 pageant, she got the opportunity to represent India in the Miss World 1997 pageant held in Seychelles. There she competed with 86 other contestants from all over the world. During her final question-answer round in the finale, she was asked,
Why do you want to become Miss World?”
To which she replied,
I draw inspiration from a famous writer and poet, William Butler Yeats, who once wrote – ‘With Dreams Begin Responsibility.’ Well for me, this title is that dream and the responsibility it brings, I cherish that in a small way I could make a difference and help the dreams of others. Thank you.”
Her presence of mind and brilliant reply won hearts and made her the winner of the Miss World 1997 pageant.
Diana was also crowned with “Miss World – Asia and Oceania” and won the subtitles of “Miss Photogenic” and “Miss Spectacular Swimsuit,” making her the only Miss World contestant to win three subtitles at any Miss World pageant.
Diana Hayden made her acting debut with the South African film, “Othello”, A South African Tale in 2006 as “Emilia.” She made her Bollywood debut as Sheena Roy for the movie “Tehzeeb.”
Diana was also seen in the popular television reality show “Bigg Boss Season 2” as a wildcard contestant for the show.
In 2018, Diana Hayden became a part of a controversy when Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Deb gave a controversial statement against Diana Hayden by saying,
Tell me, did she deserve it? People might say I am creating a controversy. I can understand Aishwarya Rai getting it, at least she has traits of Indian beauty.”Indian women did not use cosmetics in the old times. Indians did not use shampoo, they washed their hair with methi water and bathed with mud. These beauty pageant organisers are international marketing mafia, who spotted a huge market in the country. Today, there is a beauty parlour in every corner of the country.”
Diana replied to his statement by saying,
We need to be proud of our skin (colour). God knows, it is appreciated all around the world. Everybody wants to have our skin colour. The last thing we need is our own people not appreciating it.”
Biplab Deb later added to his statement,
For Indians, Goddess Lakshmi and Saraswati exemplify beauty. I don’t understand the beauty of Diana Hayden.”
- Diana Hayden was born and brought up in an Anglo Indian family.
- She had to face the separation of her parents when she was only 13 years old. Her parent’s separation led Diana and her mother into a financial crisis because of which she started working at an event management company called Encorethis.
- While working in Encore, Diana also did many modelling assignments.
- Diana, at the age of 21, worked as Public Relation Officer at BMG Crescendo (India) Pvt. Ltd., where she assisted in managing the careers of Indian singers Anaida and Mehnaz Hoosein.
- Diana participated in the Miss India 1997 on her friend, Anaida’s recommendation.
- After winning the title of Miss World 1997, Diana was signed by many big International brands like L’oreal, Colgate, and Chopard to endorse their products.
- Diana is also associated with many charities and NGOs such as Child Rights and You, Greenpeace, PETA and many more.
- She has hosted the Miss Europe events in 2001 and 2002.
- Diana Hayden is also an author of the book, “A Beautiful Truth,” launched on 13 June 2012. The content of the book focuses on personality development and confidence building.